AI got me nervous....gonna take away so many people's careers

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
People in the media are worried.. My company is not going to use it. People are too lawsuit happy to fully rely on this shyt right now. You can’t just blame AI if people start coming for you after it does something wrong. I think AI will be a big deal at some point but not right now.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
The way we approach work would have to change.

Throughout history we’ve always created and improved upon tools to reduce need for menial labor. That will never change. The human or the human/animal combination is merely a stop gap or placeholder until a tool or machine becomes efficient enough at the task to replace them. There’s a reason why in developed countries we don’t plow fields with oxen anymore or horses aren’t the main method of transportation. You only need to look at the Industrial Revolution.

The difference here with the AI revolution (or what ever they decide to name this inflection point in the future), is that since so much of our world is integrated with software, and software is easily replicated unlike physical machines, breakthroughs have a drastically larger impact on the population. The only thing slowing or stopping these changes would be legislature.

On one hand you have people saying it’ll be just like any other time in history and people will adapt, on the other you have people saying it’s gonna lead to the end of the world or whatever. I think the truth lies somewhere in between and we’ll need to step back and look at how we value human productivity and the human itself. The current state of capitalism would have to change.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People in the media are worried.. My company is not going to use it. People are too lawsuit happy to fully rely on this shyt right now. You can’t just blame AI if people start coming for you after it does something wrong. I think AI will be a big deal at some point but not right now.
Yup.

This is exactly why you need to still hire professionals that know how to do their work and have a bunch of context. I think A.I will be a big factor and will take jobs away, however you can't just copy and paste it's output. People need to know what they're doing and the people who can still understand the A.I's code and logically check if it's valid will be needed.

True story: some places lose about $10k/minute when there's a bug in the application. $10,000 per minute :mindblown:
So imagine there's a bug and the A.I is saying "Everything looks good on my end! The system checks are passing!" while your company is basically getting drained and lawsuits are starting to get written.

A human professional will see the system checks passing but also look at the real world and be like "Oh shyt, there is something wrong" and start digging.

I can see things being highly automated in the future, sure, however nuance is always needed.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Is it though?

i've had various chat models explain things to me and give me examples. I've used the same thing to get Responses to copy/paste into other chat models.

yes AI models can hallucinate but you have to know what type of questions to ask and then doublecheck their answer, it's not all lies.

i've gotten a lot of good regular expression patterns but it has given me false info as well. if you approach it as something to give you an outline or template then current AI is very much revolutionary. AI has absolutely improved my computing experience and for the past month and a half I've had at least 5 different chat models open and pinned in my browser simultaneously.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Yup.

This is exactly why you need to still hire professionals that know how to do their work and have a bunch of context. I think A.I will be a big factor and will take jobs away, however you can't just copy and paste it's output. People need to know what they're doing.

True story: some places lose about $10k/minute when there's a bug in the application. $10,000 per minute :mindblown:
So imagine there's a bug and the A.I is saying "Everything looks good on my end!" while your company is basically crumbling.

I can see things being highly automated in the future, sure, however nuance is always needed.
It won't happen overnight, but yall seriously underestimating the greed of these companies.

🤖

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AI is overhyped

Not really. Younger generations believe older generations got played by big corporations for working hard for low wages. Younger generations are protesting hard work and going a different direction than previous generations. They also don't want to go through that climb to making a living wages, they want that sh*t the day they graduate H.S and College. A.I was going to happen, but I believe the recent changes in workforce availability put the progress in high gear.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Definitely, the data entry jobs will be affected. Those WFH jobs entering data can easily be replaced.

Underwriters, writers, graphic designers will either be limited or actually enhance production by assisting them.

MARKETING WILL TAKE A "HUGE" LOSS where those 6 figure salaries will drop down to 5 with the use of AI.