Agree or disagree, Tisha Campbell in the 90’s is the goat redbone?

Agree or disagree, Tisha Campbell in the 90’s is the goat redbone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Nobody looked at apple head like that..

f2ac94150a1eaccdc27778dd1b09158a.gif

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I don't care what anybody says...

Tisha was most definitely an attractive woman back in the '90s but her being the GOAT “redbone”, Nah.

I don't really know who'd I consider being the goat “redbone”...I never really thought of it like that, for the most part, I just rate em (no matter the complexion) based on how attractive I found them to be.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of the women being mentioned aren't light-skin...they're brown-skin

when did light-skin and brown-skin start getting lumped together all of a sudden, cuz I've been seeing and hearing this a lot recently

for example, Nia Long is brown-skin not light-skin like Tisha Campbell

not saying this in an aggressive or divisive way, just saying in general

when I was growing up there were basically three terms to describe a Black person's complexion...dark-skin, brown-skin, and light-skin, but recently brown-skin has basically been erased and nowadays it's either light-skin or dark-skin
:francis:

Because lightskin people don’t want to be called lightskin anymore so they’re misusing the term. Meghan Good is an example of a brownskin broad. Melyssa Ford is a lightskin chick that’s a redbone. Draya is a lightskin chick that’s a yellowbone. It’s not rocket science.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way I took it was that a light skin person could be a yellow bone or a red bone.

Yellow bone and red bone is just the skin undertone (ie a yellow undertone vs a red undertone)

Matter fact a brown skinned black person can actually have a red undertone as well

True.