Again...The Official 2013-14 Season Thread for YOUR Defending and Reigning NBA Champion- Miami Heat

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Won't Bosh and Wade be able to get 3 more years? Why would they take a paycut, considering the championship goals have been accomplished? Lebron I could understand taking one, and possibly Wade, but not Bosh and definitely not guys like Chalmers and Cole.

One paycut I can understand, but these guys have their own lives to worry about not just rings.
:what: uhhh you don't remember the reason they choose to play together? They trying to make history. They would take pay cuts for the exact same reason they did the 1st time

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The point is, they already took a paycut and are under those contracts. And you expect them to opt out of these contracts and take yet another paycut in order to win titles, even though they already have multiple titles. Furthermore, you expect non-superstar players to continue to take paycuts year after year despite not having that endorsement money to supplement.

It is all possible of course, but why you hitting me with the Cosby face like it is some obvious guarantee? In the end this is still a career for these guys, and there are eventually diminishing returns when it comes to adding rings vs adding to bank accounts.

Truthfully though, speculation is kind of pointless considering that this years playoff outcome will probably make the biggest impact on what happens next

For Bron and Wade who are among the best ever at their positions, rings are worth a lot of money in future endorsements. Hell, Lebron could probably take a vet minimum salary if it would guarantee that he gets at least 6 rings because the endorsement money he would get the rest of his life for becoming the GOAT would be worth more than than any 5 year NBA contract.

But for non-superstars like Chalmers and Cole, having 5 rings rather than 2 or 3 doesn't really mean much for their long term earning potential. So why would they sacrifice millions of dollars for it, when for guys like that it is a huge percentage of their total lifetime earnings?

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't be mad with this scenario. Just postpone the breakup for another year especially if they win the title this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hock-the-world-by-dismissing-2014-free-agency

"The Miami Heat's high-profile trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are all rational human beings, which is why the idea of all three of them giving up the chance to lock in long-term deals this summer is almost unthinkable".

"But there's actually more than one plausible scenario in which the Big Three could collectively agree to waive their early-termination options, delaying their paydays until the summer of 2015".

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Yikes lets see. Heat is a mid market franchise that bought every title it has with just add water instant teams and pretends to be great franchise, LeBronze pretends to be a star by texting other stars to help him win chips and not #FrostedMiniHeats own @iZzo is saving pics of lightskinned dudes with green eyes and pretending to be other men. :mjpls:

Safe to say #HeatiesNation is the most bytch in the blood franchise in sports. I mean @ANewClassic probably got the biggest dikk in #Heatleburg :wow:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
full

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
:heh: @ dis LWO circle jerk comprised of grown ass wrestlin fanatics, Canadians, documented tranny lovers, and bum nikkas who spend thier holidays on da innanets gettin hyped off some shyt on a message board. You nikkas' privileges of handin out L's is beyond revoked. :dead:

And if Izzo did use some otha nikka's pic to holla at some hoes online then buddy mos def lost. Heat breh or not. shyt is NOT a good look.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yikes lets see. Heat is a mid market franchise that bought every title it has with just add water instant teams and pretends to be great franchise, LeBronze pretends to be a star by texting other stars to help him win chips and not #FrostedMiniHeats own @iZzo is saving pics of lightskinned dudes with green eyes and pretending to be other men. :mjpls:

Safe to say #HeatiesNation is the most bytch in the blood franchise in sports. I mean @ANewClassic probably got the biggest dikk in #Heatleburg :wow:

Too bad the Lakers couldn't emulate that success and instead posted one of the most embarrassing seasons in franchise history.

LWO still mad that Lebron has crapped all over their franchise with raw talent, since his Cleveland days, and proceeds to dominate in ways that only potential GOATs do.

As for that dude pretending to be another dude...ain't my business but its not a good look.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Lakers imported a lot of their corner stone great talents from other cities too you fakkit
  • Wilt was a Sixer
  • Kareem was a Buck
  • Shaq came from the Majic
GTFOH

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life

Hey, GTFO of our thread you hater ..:pacspit: