After years of being with Apple, I switched to a Z Fold 5...

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Wife has owned a Z fold 2 and 4. I've owned a Surface Duo 2. My wife refuses to go back to a non-foldable. I preferred the dual independent screens of the Duo over the single large screen of the Z Fold. I hate using my single screen device now. When you get use to browsing the web while watching youtube, its hard to go back. I have my eye on the Oneplus Open, which seems to straddle the fence between the Duo and the Z Fold.

OP, there are two weak points on the Z fold. One is the crease in the middle of screen, and the other is the outer hinge. If dust gets in the gaps of the hinge or you bang it, your device will not open all the way. I have a Fold 2 that only opens 95% of the way. It was replaced with a Fold 4 that has now developed a black spot in the crease. They arent durable devices, but my wife doesnt care, she loves it and is going to ask for the newest model when the spot grows.
I have a Fold 3 and I'll be getting the 6 when I reup later on this year.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
I'm not pocket watching Apple. I'm telling you that you purchase the same phone over and over and over and over with a .00002 megapixel camera increase.

I'm not an Apple iPhone stan or owner, so your misguided post must be intended for someone else.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Sales? Maybe people keep their phones longer before upgrading. I went from an 11 Pro to a 13 Pro Plus. And I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon.

Because the iOS is pretty much the same, why would I need to upgrade?

Or maybe people are tired of the same old iPhone year after year with marginal changes, minimal improvements & higher prices.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
You can cop an Android tablet for under $200 and be more productive. These phone companies are finessing yall like crazy. I use to have an android. The one with the stylus. After creating custom themes, shyt got old. And I never used the stylus after playing with it for the first couple of weeks. iPhone’s simplicity is what makes it popular. You can go from a 7 to a 15 and not have to relearn shyt. Other than external storage, iPhones get the job done. Plus it has an ecosystem. iPad, MacBook, Mac, earbuds, watch. Seamless. And then there’s updates. The rollout isn’t the same for all Android devices so the wait time is inconsistent.

I say do what works for you, the whole phone wars is played out.
I also say do what works for you. For most of the things that the newer phones offer, besides photo capturing, I prefer to use desktop/laptop. Integration across different devices with certain apps might tip the scale for some but I still like having complete control over whatever I'm working on

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I never once said they did something no one could live without. You're on some straight fanboy type stuff if you can't see if the Flip/Fold series are much more innovative than anything Apple is done in a long time. Tasker alone puts Android in another league and it has been like that for over a decade. I don't want to hear "but PowerUser"...facts are facts, no matter who is using what. iPhone users are paying $1000 a pop to text, make calls, and use social media. Get a $50 Tracphone from Walmart and it does the same thing

You're hyping up shyt that don't matter :mjlol:

As I said before, these phone companies love people like you. I told you I ...

Don't upgrade every year. iPhone is on the 15. I have a 13.
All of these phones pretty much do the same shyt. SO comparing one to another is pointless. Everyone used the same apps.
I said it was a preference. A lot of people like boring and simple. To each his/her own.

And I didn't make a thread comparing Apple to Android. I merely pointed out that these phone wars was played out.

But you use terms like fanboy, which is such a "fanboy" thing to say :mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You really have to be a little slow to keep buying the same iPhones over and over for a decade at a time (I told my wife she's slow as hell). I let my family sucker me with that iPhone 13 shyt and had it for almost 3 years but after using this Z Fold, how on earth can someone begin to argue the value over and iPhone vs. something like this with 3 screens and multitasking, wirelessly charging other devices, circling shyt on the screen to instantly search it, AI image generatation/writing assistants/translators built into the software, plugging into a dock or monitor and having a full blown desktop computer (only needing a mouse and keyboard), etc?

My wife and kids all upgraded to 15/15 Pro and every time they walk past me they have to look at or say something about how nice my phone is. Apple users better wake the fukk up
:myman:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Or maybe people are tired of the same old iPhone year after year with marginal changes, minimal improvements & higher prices.

You're saying the same thing I said :mjlol: just in a different way.

Of course I still have a 13 Pro Plus. Why would I upgrade if I don't have to. Phone paid off, and I got the latest IOS version. Do I really want to pay for a smaller notch? :mjlol:

I still get regular updates. Phone is in good condition. So you're exactly right. I won't be upgrading until this phone becomes unusable.

Daps
I been on the z flip since the og came out, now I got the flip 5. I like small phones, for my dainty mini bags. Idk how folks carry these big ass phones around

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Wife has owned a Z fold 2 and 4. I've owned a Surface Duo 2. My wife refuses to go back to a non-foldable. I preferred the dual independent screens of the Duo over the single large screen of the Z Fold. I hate using my single screen device now. When you get use to browsing the web while watching youtube, its hard to go back. I have my eye on the Oneplus Open, which seems to straddle the fence between the Duo and the Z Fold.

OP, there are two weak points on the Z fold. One is the crease in the middle of screen, and the other is the outer hinge. If dust gets in the gaps of the hinge or you bang it, your device will not open all the way. I have a Fold 2 that only opens 95% of the way. It was replaced with a Fold 4 that has now developed a black spot in the crease. They arent durable devices, but my wife doesnt care, she loves it and is going to ask for the newest model when the spot grows.
This is my biggest concern

Something like that was always good be a problem

Kingofthereal

King of kings
Daps
iPhone is for keeping up with appearances (unless all your technology is Apple). Once you married with kids, none of that matters.
I disagree, iOS is more than what most people uses it for. The eco system ain’t getting touched by android.