After watching The Butler, Fruitvale, 12 years a slave in one sitting...

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always hated as a people we're alway so forgiven to the oppressor, but would cause affliction to our own without any reservation:rudy:

Last edited:

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
On this topic. The only way you will truly understand your current "condition", is to leave the country and travel abroad. It's the only way you can understand the racial dynamics of America and how they relate to you.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
I enjoy these types of movies just as much as anyone, but my only issue with them is that they get people so riled up about the past. I mean, here I am just enjoying my life and success as a black man...and you watch things like this and it gets everybody all worked up and pissed off.

I mean, it's important to never forget, but just get over it. I don't feel any type of way towards (individual) whites, asians, latinos etc today as a result f the past.
Cac alert :camby:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
The film that changed me was 12 years a slave. That movie is so powerful, one of the most powerful I've seen, ever.

Butler was meh, the best thing about that movie was Yaya at that dinner table scene good god she looked absolutely stunning.

As for fruitvale after like 20 mins I turned it off but I cosign 12 years a slave.