After watching Rocky IV a billion times, I've never took in this question...

Was Rocky in the right to not stop Drago/Apollo fight?

• Yes, cause he was respecting Apollo's wishes.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • No, he should had prevented more damage from happening

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
The answers in here underline the divided nature of the question posed, are you the ultimate bestie for honoring ya mans wishes no matter how stubborn or prideful he is or are you the ultimate bestie for saving him from himself no matter how much he may hate you afterwards? :jbhmm:

I just don't think Rocky thought he was actually getting killed in there, he didn't think he was going to die. Hurt really bad, yea. Killed no. So if he had it to do over knowing he was going to die i'd hope he'd......... throw the damn towel.:damn:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If he would've supported Clubber Lang this would've never happened. He should've stuck with Lang calling out Rocky for ducking him. THEN he sold out and helped Rocky best Lang :snoop:

Imagine a Drago vs Lang :russ:

Furthermore Lang would jumped in the ring and started throwing haymakers

Furthermore Lang would've kept it a 100 with Creed and told him not to fight Drago. They would've made him take a drug test.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Rocky was wrong for this shyt. As a friend he should've done what was best for him and throw 'the damn towel'. Its like getting into a argument with your drunk friend who wants to drive home. He might cuss you up and down, swear he sober and good to drive; but there is nothing wrong with taking his keys. After awhile cooler heads will prevail and he'll thank you later.

suprised it didnt come up in Creed how Rocky's negligence lead to the death & abandonment issues Adonis
I dont care what anyone says..I'm not go let my best friend get his head beat in.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
hqdefault.jpg

"You and me, we don't even have a choice. See, we're born with this killer instinct that you can't just turn off and on like some radio. We always have to be in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight, then the warrior might as well be dead, Stallion!"

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If he would've supported Clubber Lang this would've never happened. He should've stuck with Lang calling out Rocky for ducking him. THEN he sold out and helped Rocky best Lang :snoop:

Imagine a Drago vs Lang :russ:

Furthermore Lang would jumped in the ring and started throwing haymakers

Furthermore Lang would've kept it a 100 with Creed and told him not to fight Drago. They would've made him take a drug test.
You doing too much, fam lolol

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
hqdefault.jpg

"You and me, we don't even have a choice. See, we're born with this killer instinct that you can't just turn off and on like some radio. We always have to be in the middle of the action 'cause we're the warriors. And without some challenge, without some damn war to fight, then the warrior might as well be dead, Stallion!"

Strange enough, that is Goku and Vegeta down to a 'T'

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Strange enough, that is Goku and Vegeta down to a 'T'

rocky 4 is definitely patterned after a martial arts film or Asian legend/story.....and I'm guessing that dragon ball z is too

When I saw Ip Man
when I saw Ip Man 2........
the story is just like the rocky 4 story, I figured that they were copying an early martial arts film or cliche, rather copying rocky 4

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Not like it would have mattered, Drago probably wouldn’t have stopped. He may have gotten manslaughter charges in real life since he shoved the ref out of the way when he tried to stop it and continued to beat Apollo up til he killed him.

In real life, getting up on the ring post and waiving the towel is actually stopping the fight (see the end of Mayweather-Corrales). Refs are supposed to ignore towels flying in the ring because it could be coming from anywhere.

But cornermen are suppose to be able to step in and stop it in case a fighter is too brave for their own good. So Rocky was wrong not to stop it. My father worked as an inspector in the California state commission in the 80s and 90s, two fights stood out. Both times, the guys were taking horrible beatings, and refused to quit. Their fathers were working in their corners. They were too tough and didn’t want to quit in front of their dads. Their dads refused to stop it. Both of the fighters died. If they had better cornerman who did the right thing, they’d probably be alive.

Joe Frazier never really forgave Eddie Futch for stopping it in Manila, but he was forever respected in boxing for doing the compassionate thing. Joe’s eye was completely shut and couldn’t see and avoid the right hands.