After watching Rocky IV a billion times, I've never took in this question...

Was Rocky in the right to not stop Drago/Apollo fight?

• Yes, cause he was respecting Apollo's wishes.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • No, he should had prevented more damage from happening

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
he had a whole corner of people who couldve thrown in the towel but didnt

theyre all to blame :damn:
This is what I always wondered, why didn't :damn:throw the damn towel? Was there only one towel in that corner? Couldn't they snatch the towel out of Rocky's hand to throw?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rocky was gonna lose a friend regardless..... cuz if he's stopped the fight..... Knowing Apollo's pride he'd probably never talk to Rocky again and this later challenge Drago sometime later and die anyway. This time Rock not being in his corner since he beefing with Rock.

No matter what, Apollo probably was always gonna die

Martha

Yup.....

I think sometimes people lose sight of who exactly Apollo was supposed to be in the Rocky Universe. Apollo was THE greatest fighter of all time in that Universe, basically Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson rolled into one. It's easy to forget that Rocky said in the original film that Apollo was his favorite fighter and he looked up to him. Then it Creed it was confirmed that Apollo won the rematch they had.

So in that Universe Apollo was the bad motherfukker on the planet for a decade, then he retired in a remarkably healthy state for a boxer and couldn't deal with not being that dude anymore. Dude was going through a mid life crisis and was acting out, which is what led to him fathering Adonis.

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
Nah I was reading about the making years ago. Remember Weather's has a fukking ego problem man. When Stallone was filming Rocky 6 he asked weather's for permission to use footage as flashback material. This nicca said no he wanted an actual part in the film. Like nicca you were killed off in the film in 1985 smh
I mean, Mickey (Burgess Meridith) died in Rocky 3 and we saw him in Rocky 5. :yeshrug:
But he was already good and old throughout all of the movies. :yeshrug:

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Apollo's a grown ass man, dawg, word to Cedric the Entertainer. nikka never heeded good counsel. If Rocky had thrown in the towel, Rocky also probably never has the motivation to fight Drago. Once he recovers from his ass whooping, Apollo's dumbass would probably challenge Drago to a rematch and if permanent damage wasn't done in the first match, it'd sure as hell happen in the second bout:damn:If Apollo was the type to not let ego and stubbornness control him, he never fights Rocky a second time and there's no series:mjpls:

I was thinking that earlier...:lupe:

However, is there a little bit blood on Rocky's hands for not throwing the towel regardless? Lets say if they stopped the fight and Apollo still wanted to fight again, Then it would be completely out of Rocky's control.

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Act like drago would of cared that the towel was thrown. He had one thing in mind and that was to brutally injure Apollo. Before the towel debacle, you could clearly see the ref tryna stop the fight and drago wasn’t having it.

So no, Rocky was not to blame for Apollo’s death. He was dead from the moment the bell rung.
:lupe:
Maybe Ill watch that scene 1 more time. I didn't notice the ref

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I was thinking that earlier...:lupe:

However, is there a little bit blood on Rocky's hands for not throwing the towel regardless? Lets say if they stopped the fight and Apollo still wanted to fight again, Then it would be completely out of Rocky's control.
I love Rocky and Apollo, but these dudes weren't the most rational cats. You see Rocky weigh in his head throwing in the towel vs. keeping his word. I feel like a big part of his decision is him wondering how he would feel if roles were reversed. As much as you would hope that Rocky would think about his wife, child, and loved ones, I'm not sure the mindset of "Live to fight another day" is how Rocky or Apollo are wired.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Adrien Delivered the potent ether in the entire Rocky universe collection..

"YOU CAN'T WIN!!!!"

MistySadIndochinesetiger-max-1mb.gif

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
Adrien Delivered the potent ether in the entire Rocky universe collection..

"YOU CAN'T WIN!!!!"

MistySadIndochinesetiger-max-1mb.gif
And from that ether, we got one of the cold lines of Rocky

"To beat me, he is going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he is gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he got to be willing to die himself." :wow:

And then we got

and

:wow:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nah this the 80s.You respected another mans wishes back then no matter what.Strict code that aint followed these days.

Better to be mad and save a funeral to your wife. That was incredibly selfish way for you to die, leaving your wife and your 2 kids, a jumpoff, and a b*stard son behind :whistle: