After spiraling street crime & a prison massacre, Honduras' anti-gang tactics mirror El Salvador's/* Ecuador also

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If Haiti had a functioning govt. instead of a parade of gotdamned thieves posing as leaders, a concentrated takedown of gangs could work.

As it stands now, Haiti is the picture of what other countries will face if they don't get a handle on gangs .
Aren't brothas in Haiti now hunting gangs?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The prison sweep demonstrated the Honduran government’s resolve to crack down on gangs following last week’s gang-related massacre of 46 female inmates in the worst atrocity at a women’s prison in recent memory.

In recent memory?!

There have been worse than 46 women killed?????
:picard:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Coli celebrating corrupt right wing libertarian dictators indiscriminately murdering and incarcerating the poor is very on brand.
This is not about right wing, left wing or whatever. This is a poor country fighting gang crime. Literally everyone in poor countries despise gangs. Can't have a normal life outside, can't start businesses. Nothing.

Go watch some documentaries about ms13 and other gangs like that. This ain't a regular local gang that sells some drugs cause of poverty. They kidnap people, burn people in acid and do nasty shyt like that. Peaceful methods don't work on the worst gangs on earth.

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
In recent memory?!

There have been worse than 46 women killed?????
:picard:
86 deaths in Honduras prison riots in 2003 between ms13 and la18

Over 300 inmates died in Honduras prison fire back in 2012. Which is probably number-wise considered the worst prison disaster ever.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a Haitian woman that did grow up in those conditions. It’s a variety of things, culture is included but because of the lack of resources is a major problem , young men turn to these gangs because there no other options. A lot of young men and boys are orphans. When your country lacks opportunities and structure, this is one of the main results.

As a Haitian you should know better. Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere and does not come close to Jamaica, El Salvador etc when it comes to crime.
El Salvador been through alot but the gang culture and crime came from LA

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
As a Haitian you should know better. Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere and does not come close to Jamaica, El Salvador etc when it comes to crime.
El Salvador been through alot but the gang culture and crime came from LA
You didn’t grow up in the conditions me and other Haitians did. You know what your computer tells you, not what’s actually happening on ground. You didn’t see what my eyes have and your ignorant ass thinks you know inside and outs.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You and your thought leaders sleep well at night, having only to worry about the well being of yourself and your family. Leaders of countries have the safety and welfare of their constituents to consider. Writing books /giving lectures is not the same thing as running a country. And I wonder what your response would be with their responsibilities and realities.
:mjlol:who are my thought leaders you dumb reactionary motherfukker? you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Bukele is a corrupt populist narcissist. His concern is not the wellbeing of his country, but the wellbeing of the oligarchy and the upper-middle classes. He made a deal with the maras to get himself elected. He then reneged on that deal, causing violent uprisings. As a result, he issued a state of emergency and now has security forces kill and arrest the poor, claiming they are all gangmembers. This is like sending riot squats into Chicago and arresting every black person between the ages of 16 and 35 and then proclaiming you successfully solved the gang issue. And you've got idiots in here saying the US should follow the same approach. This whole tough on crime nonsense in the 80s and 90's resulted in the mass incarceration of black men without solving the problem. You need to be either completely clueless or a cac to applaud this shyt.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
fukk gangs and gang culture

ruining outside for everyone

fukk everyone who houses, feeds, and has sex with them

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not about right wing, left wing or whatever. This is a poor country fighting gang crime. Literally everyone in poor countries despise gangs. Can't have a normal life outside, can't start businesses. Nothing.

Go watch some documentaries about ms13 and other gangs like that. This ain't a regular local gang that sells some drugs cause of poverty. They kidnap people, burn people in acid and do nasty shyt like that. Peaceful methods don't work on the worst gangs on earth.
I know what the Maras are and yes it is about rightwing politics. The gangs in Central America wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the civil war against poor and indiginous people fought by rightwing regimes in the 1980's. What Bukele is doing is attempting to violently repress a phenomenon that is caused by inequality without addressing the socio-economic roots of the problem.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You didn’t grow up in the conditions me and other Haitians did. You know what your computer tells you, not what’s actually happening on ground. You didn’t see what my eyes have and your ignorant ass thinks you know inside and outs.

Does Haiti have the similar or higher murder rates than Jamaica or el Salvador?

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Their murder rate plummeted since Nayib Bukele became President over there.

Anybody that doesn’t agree with THIS is a terrible human being with their head in the sand.

This is what needs to happen in Africa and the Caribbean too.

Put gangs that are wreaking havoc on the locals under PRESSURE
for the sake of the future of your people.

Make future generations NEVER wanna be in a gang for the destruction they caused on their own people.

People were crying “human rights” cause son ain’t fold.

Nayib said “Fukk them hypocrites” and got damn near his whole country behind him with every voting cycle because they see his approach having the necessary RESULTS for the safety and future of his country.
I respect it :salute:

I fukk with it 🤩🤩🤩