After my cut...I'm going for it brehs.

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
I'm turning to the dark side.

I'm going to hop on the juice.

Some of you might have read my posts and saw that I mentioned it here and there, but I'm making this thread to see if there's anyone here who could give me some sound advice with regards to research.

For starters, I've already been looking into my family's history. Apparently baldness doesn't run in our family, so that's a good start. :obama:

I've been doing a little research already, but I feel like I could be doing a lot more in that regard. That in mind, I think I'm going to start with something basic. Even with assistance, I'm thinking slow and steady. :manny:

All that said, any advice on further research? Where should I turn? Books? Etc.

Hope I don't get banned/negged for this thread. :lupe:

Last edited:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
There are forums that talk about it. Cant remember the links now but a Google search should turn them up.

I used to be vehemently against it but after I thought about it more, it's like hey, we use all kinds of supplements and aids... I use whey protein, I use knee sleeves, etc etc. Juice is just an extreme supplement. I just dont want to mess with them because of the legal aspect, and I feel like I haven't come close to hitting my genetic potential and I figure I will be pretty happy once I do.

I think one thing the OP should do is really ask himself why he wants to jump on juice and what he is trying to accomplish... and whether he has fully optimized his natural training protocol. If you arent 100% in every aspect of your training now, it seems like a waste to jump on juice essentially as a crutch............

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Even the most remote chance of gyno keeps me from even considering it

Also, prefering an athletic build over a jacked build

If I could just take a steroid to make my chest bigger and nothing else Id be all about it:lolbron:. Time takes too long:ohhh:

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
There are forums that talk about it. Cant remember the links now but a Google search should turn them up.

I used to be vehemently against it but after I thought about it more, it's like hey, we use all kinds of supplements and aids... I use whey protein, I use knee sleeves, etc etc. Juice is just an extreme supplement. I just dont want to mess with them because of the legal aspect, and I feel like I haven't come close to hitting my genetic potential and I figure I will be pretty happy once I do.

I think one thing the OP should do is really ask himself why he wants to jump on juice and what he is trying to accomplish... and whether he has fully optimized his natural training protocol. If you arent 100% in every aspect of your training now, it seems like a waste to jump on juice essentially as a crutch............

The truth is the goal in mind that I have in terms of mass, I'm not going to be able to reach naturally. Even if I train the whole rest of my life.

That goal, by the way is 220-230lbs. and 8-10%bf. Why I want to do it? This is the physique that I want to achieve. :manny:

The bodyfat part I have no problem with, that's just diet and dedication and a lifestyle change...I got that and then some.

The mass part though is where I'll need help.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
you won't be you anymore on the juice...the body you created is beyond what your genetics can get you to be...but you can do pretty damn well without them when your optimized diet wise and training the right way

I don't think its worth it in the long term...even if your 20...50 might seem like a long time from now but but you don't want to go near that age due to heart failure because by then you will start to see your children getting somewhere in life and really enjoying your life savings and probably at an elevated position in your career...and you might not even make it past that age...for maybe a decade of having an incredible body ...but naturally you can create a great physique without it

so unless you have a really good PhD monitoring your health constantly and actually compete or are some sort of fitness model I wouldn't do it

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How tall are you and where are you physique wise now? What training program are you on? Have you been making gains on it? How's your sleep and diet? If you aren't 100% dialed in, you should focus on getting there first.....

Plus IDK... fixating on body weights just seems kinda backwards to me. What kind of weight are you moving in the gym? How are your joints? Etc. etc. IMO focusing on the destination instead of the journey is missing the whole point of this fitness shyt. I mean I want to cut and keep getting stronger, and I have a goal weight in mind (180, I'm 5' 9"). But my goal weight is based on me staying healthy and being able to still be athletic and agile. 230... unless you are like 6' 6" that shyt's gonna take a toll on your heart and just be a PITA. And say u get there. Lean 230. Then what? Does the journey end?

IDK man just think about it on a deep level.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man... just don't do it.

I had a revelation myself the other day. I'm a 5'10" 170 lb skinny nicca. Always have been, and pretty much always will be. It's just how I'm built :manny:. I'm in the gym and I see these cats with thick forearms and calves and truthfully it's just not going to be me, ever.

And you know, that's ok. Because there are advantages and disadvantages to any body type. I've always had abs, for example, even without ever doing a crunch.

Your body is exactly what it's supposed to be. Jacking it up with hormones and chemicals and shyt... yea you'll achieve a certain look but for what? To impress people you don't know? Because the people you do know don't really care how much mass you have. If it's a self-esteem issue, yea I hear u there, but just work with what the gods of DNA gave you breh.

Too many side-effects just for the benefit of "being big" imo.

Whatever you decide, good luck. :tu:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I mean, I think it's up to the breh to do what he wants.

But IMO if you're not in it for the journey you are prob in it for the wrong reasons.

U look in the Random Gym Thoughts thread, dudes are just enjoying lifting, learning about lifting, progressing in lifting etc. Nobody is in there like 'i want to look like this or that' as a primary driver (tho that def doesn't hurt)

But if you are lifting for no other reason than to look a certain way... I think u really have to ask why youre doing it.