After binge watching The Wire I can't believe how overrated it is.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
im a get hate for this and I know it's a classic in many people's eyes but it seems like they took a good premise and stretched it out further than anticipated.

You can tell they cared about The Corner because it was based on a true story. It felt more organic and cohesive.

The Wire on the other hand while trying to have an overall theme with each season simply had too many WTF moments in the plot.

1. They focused way too much on McNulty's character. Watching it again for the first time in 3 years McNulty helped make the show weak.

2. I don't know how Stringer Bell held his title for that long. He made too many dumb decisions. His profile should've been the same as Avon. There was no need for him to be in court with D'Anglelo and Bird.

3. Bird getting convicted on the strength of Omar's testimony was just plain stupid.

4. Too many plot convience moments to ensure the cops prevailed in season 1, 2, and 5. The cops investigative skills were meh at best, including Lester.

5. Prop Joe went through the entire series without getting the same treatment as Barksdale and Stanfield.

6. The show became a full blown parody of itself in season 5.

7. Season 4 was probably the best one mainly because they didn't push much focus on the police.

8. The reason why season 2 is considered the weakest imo is because of the lazy writing and lazy plot.

Overall I think they tried to do too much and kept the show going based on fan support. I can't be mad at that but I know for a fact the creators never intended the show to run that long and it showed.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The wire is GOAT but I can't front, I agree with you about Prop Joe :patrice:

Its funny as when got killed he got you hear Bunk say that "He was a longtime player on the east side" the cops was aware he was in the drug game but they never pressed him about it :dahell:

Another one is when Bunk told Omar he found shotgun castings at Stinger Bell's murder site and just simply says to him "No more bodies :comeon:" that had me like :wtf:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The wire was a masterpiece

Stringer bell was in court, because Avon was the hidden mysterious guy, cops never had a picture or what he looked like. Just like the Greek all you saw was vondas

Vonda's kept a low profile as well. Nobody even knew his real name.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The wire is GOAT but I can't front, I agree with you about Prop Joe :patrice:

Its funny as when got killed he got you hear Bunk say that "He was a longtime player on the east side" the cops was aware he was in the drug game but they never pressed him about it :dahell:

Another one is when Bunk told Omar he found shotgun castings at Stinger Bell's murder site and just simply says to him "No more bodies :comeon:" that had me like :wtf:

They knew Omar killed stinkum and didn't do nothing all because he agreed to be a witness to a murder he didn't witness.

Avon having his nephew drive out of state to get a package by himself..

It taking them that long to find out the pay phones was wired.

Them not being suspicious of Bubbles and those damn hats. :snoop:

Presbo being dumb then being smart all of a sudden.

But again it comes back to McNulty. His character ruined the show. I hate how he was full blown shoe horned back in season 2.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I never got the impression that Presbo was ever dumb, he just wasn't cut out to be a street cop. When he gets benched with Lester, he discovers that he's better suited for wiretap and the paper trail shyt.

He was never a street cop. He was in a shytty detail. And he was a dummy.

And another thing.

In season one when they presented their case to the FBI and they agreed to take the case if they could convince Avon to testify against clay Davis... They passed :manny:

They were so bent on getting Avon like they really cared about the drug problem :mjpls:

McNulty even admitted he didn't give a fukk. Which again goes back to McNulty's character.

I would've rather to kept it strictly to the streets.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
the reason why joe never got caught
was cause he was Eastside
mcnulty and crew was westside district (avon,marlo both westside)
one of the themes of the show
was dysfunctional institutions (Drug game,Law enforcement,The Schools,The docks and the media)
everything was dysfunctional

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the reason why joe never got caught
was cause he was Eastside
mcnulty and crew was westside district (avon,marlo both westside)
one of the themes of the show
was dysfunctional institutions (Drug game,Law enforcement,The Schools,The docks and the media)
everything was dysfunctional

Irrelevant. The major crimes detail had no boundaries.

I get the dysfunction. Which is why I hated the plot convience that brought down barksdale and the Stanfield organization.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Irrelevant. The major crimes detail had no boundaries.

I get the dysfunction. Which is why I hated the plot convience that brought down barksdale and the Stanfield organization.
yes they did
and on top of that prop joe was
not dropping bodies
when barksdale and stanfield started
dropping thats MCU started fukkin with em

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
yes they did
and on top of that prop joe was
not dropping bodies
when barksdale and stanfield started
dropping thats MCU started fukkin with em

They was dropping bodies before. The ONLY reason why this whole thing got started..

McNulty talked to a judge in season one.
Valcheck had beef with Sabotka over a damn church window.

Major crimes became permanent as a result. The unit became permanent so they could have something to do.

Nobody even knew about Omar or barksdale in the beginning of season 1. It was a combination of dumb luck and plot convience. Bubbles started snitching because his crack head friend got beat down for buying drugs with fake money. shyt is dumb as hell once you look at the bigger picture.

One minute the cops are breaking the law. Next minute they're doing dumb shyt. Next minute they care.

Even they way Bodie got killed was on some :mjpls: