Afro-Brazilian Women Appreciation Thread

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
I had a Spanish base when I learned, so there was a lot of commonality. Also, what helped a lot was the woman I was seeing at the time lived there and spoke English, once we got serious she thought it was important that I be able to speak it when she's not around so she taught me more and I got it a lot quicker that way.

Say @Malta do you have a post around here where we can get a lil background history on how you were living in brazil and how us young degreed bruhs could some how find employment out there?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Say @Malta do you have a post around here where we can get a lil background history on how you were living in brazil and how us young degreed bruhs could some how find employment out there?

What would you like to know breh? I have a bunch of threads on here with it, but I can just outline it in here.

Before I went there I had quit my job and sold my car, had a decent amount of money to float me for a bit without having to work. So for me it was really paradise, I'd wake up late in the afternoon, workout after I had breakfast, see my chick after she got out of work and then chill at night with her. For money when the time came I was going to teach English, and I had an offer to be a personal trainer at a hotel. Also the woman who I was dating, her father was in real estate and was going to hook me up with a position because he wanted to expand into tourism.

I was lucky in that the woman I was seeing came from some money, and her father was willing to give me a job even though I had zero experience in the field. If I didn't have that avenue, I would have been a personal trainer or english teacher there.

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
23sc6r9.jpg

but i did an optical phrenological evaluation and deemed her 1/8 mulatto :mjcry:

El negrito de tejas

Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
What would you like to know breh? I have a bunch of threads on here with it, but I can just outline it in here.

Before I went there I had quit my job and sold my car, had a decent amount of money to float me for a bit without having to work. So for me it was really paradise, I'd wake up late in the afternoon, workout after I had breakfast, see my chick after she got out of work and then chill at night with her. For money when the time came I was going to teach English, and I had an offer to be a personal trainer at a hotel. Also the woman who I was dating, her father was in real estate and was going to hook me up with a position because he wanted to expand into tourism.

I was lucky in that the woman I was seeing came from some money, and her father was willing to give me a job even though I had zero experience in the field. If I didn't have that avenue, I would have been a personal trainer or english teacher there.

Well let's see here....
How'd you go through the process of just dropping everything in the states and moving to a foreign country without knowing the native language?
How did you decide on which city you wanted to stay out there?
How long were you down there before you decided you needed to come back to the states?
Can bruhs with degrees make a decent living out there?
Besides Google translate what else do you recommend for communicating with the locals out there?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
but i did an optical phrenological evaluation and deemed her 1/8 mulatto :mjcry:

Gotta be at least 1/2, you know the rules :leostare:

Well let's see here....
How'd you go through the process of just dropping everything in the states and moving to a foreign country without knowing the native language?
How did you decide on which city you wanted to stay out there?
How long were you down there before you decided you needed to come back to the states?
Can bruhs with degrees make a decent living out there?
Besides Google translate what else do you recommend for communicating with the locals out there?

I had been there a few times before deciding to spend a couple months there, I knew enough Portuguese to get around by then, I got better and more conversational with it when I had a woman teach me. As for dropping everything, it was either that or continue working a job I hated, needed change of scenery in the worst way. I had no kids, no girlfriend, just work and more work to do, I made a good amount of money but couldn't stand waking up in the morning everyday.

The city was easy, I had been to Rio & Salvador, I loved both of them but Salvador had more staying power for me. When I wasn't there I wanted to be back there, and it just felt like a place I could live long term. I stayed almost the full 6 months you're allowed to stay, I was going to overstay my visa and had a woman there who I was planning on being with long term, as in she would have popped out some babies if I was still there :russ: My family convinced me to come back, I would have stayed and lived there if it weren't for them, family is the only thing that ties me to the US.

What's your degree in? You could probably teach English right now. Define good living, because you probably won't make as much, but you won't need as much, you could have a nice house or apartment on the beach and live a slower paced life, you may not have the latest Iphone or nothing like that, but you could be happier. Use Duolingo, Pimselur (If I can find this I'll upload this), the Portuguese language pack on Spotify, start listening to Brazilian music and watching TV. If your city has Brazilian BBQ joints, start going to them and talking to people there.

Naw man shes not :mjpls:

:totheeastside:

Her man is a lightskinned cat that looks somewhat like Tony Parker.

El negrito de tejas

Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
I had been there a few times before deciding to spend a couple months there, I knew enough Portuguese to get around by then, I got better and more conversational with it when I had a woman teach me. As for dropping everything, it was either that or continue working a job I hated, needed change of scenery in the worst way. I had no kids, no girlfriend, just work and more work to do, I made a good amount of money but couldn't stand waking up in the morning everyday.

The city was easy, I had been to Rio & Salvador, I loved both of them but Salvador had more staying power for me. When I wasn't there I wanted to be back there, and it just felt like a place I could live long term. I stayed almost the full 6 months you're allowed to stay, I was going to overstay my visa and had a woman there who I was planning on being with long term, as in she would have popped out some babies if I was still there :russ: My family convinced me to come back, I would have stayed and lived there if it weren't for them, family is the only thing that ties me to the US.

What's your degree in? You could probably teach English right now. Define good living, because you probably won't make as much, but you won't need as much, you could have a nice house or apartment on the beach and live a slower paced life, you may not have the latest Iphone or nothing like that, but you could be happier. Use Duolingo, Pimselur (If I can find this I'll upload this), the Portuguese language pack on Spotify, start listening to Brazilian music and watching TV. If your city has Brazilian BBQ joints, start going to them and talking to people there.

My degree is in the natural sciences so I figured I'd be able to find something involving the environmental field out there if possible. I wouldnt mind teaching english though but If its not enought to pay down on some student loans then thats no good. Decent living to me would be over 45k a year

Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone
My degree is in the natural sciences so I figured I'd be able to find something involving the environmental field out there if possible. I wouldnt mind teaching english though but If its not enought to pay down on some student loans then thats no good. Decent living to me would be over 45k a year
Right now 1 dollar = R$ 4,14 and going up. If you earn in dollars you won if in reais you lost.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin

Have to learn the language if you want to get into your own field, I'd guess there are openings for someone that speaks English in your field, but it would probably put you in the sticks and shyt :russ: Being an English teacher there means you'll make around $11,000-14,000 or so, you can get more at better schools but that's about where it ends.

I don't think Brazil would work for you fam, like @LarryLobster pointed out we're at 4:1 right now, if you made $45k USD while living in Brazil you'd basically be balling. Their economy has seen some drop off lately, and I expect that to continue after the olympics.

At the same time, much of the nova classe media is far from any middle class that northern European or North American readers would recognize. A family of four in the middle of the government’s scale would have an income of around R$2,600 (U$850) per month, perhaps enough to buy a flat screen TV, smart phone or small car on a lengthy purchase plan, but hardly sufficient to move into an upmarket part of town. Plenty of Classe C (another term used for the nova classe media) neighborhoods in the periferias of Brazil’s major cities, particularly in the nordeste of the country, are unsafe, lack basic sanitation services and have unpaved roads.

I didn't have any student loans when I went, they have a much lower cost of living, but that student loan makes you moving like that much more difficult.

El negrito de tejas

Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
Have to learn the language if you want to get into your own field, I'd guess there are openings for someone that speaks English in your field, but it would probably put you in the sticks and shyt :russ: Being an English teacher there means you'll make around $11,000-14,000 or so, you can get more at better schools but that's about where it ends.

I don't think Brazil would work for you fam, like @LarryLobster pointed out we're at 4:1 right now, if you made $45k USD while living in Brazil you'd basically be balling. Their economy has seen some drop off lately, and I expect that to continue after the olympics.

I didn't have any student loans when I went, they have a much lower cost of living, but that student loan makes you moving like that much more difficult.

:mjcry: i guess Ill settle for visiting then...

Thanks for the info bruh

Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone
:mjcry: i guess Ill settle for visiting then...

Thanks for the info bruh
Well actually i know this guy who used to study on the same school as mine, he mess with geology and shyt and hes rich, has his own company and stuff. But then hes a cac and his father was the one who built the company, i say there's always jobs out there just gotta look for a while. You don't need 45 k dollars to live well in brazil.