African immigrants and race in America

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Good point.

Sucks that that same black man is not voice acting Kratos in the new game.:francis:

Do you still game? If so how much are the cost of PS4s and Xbox Ones in Rwanda? Because my friend who is Honduran and lived in Ecuador said the prices for consoles were :mindblown:
Great question! I haven't bought a game in about a year, my last game was dying light. I now PC game, in fact an hour ago my torrent for Mafia 3 and No Man's Sky just finished, these are the 2 hottest games out imo. We have some great computer bruvs out who custom PC build. I recently got a pretty clean computer that cost about $800, the video card is what cost the most nvidia gtx 980. It takes about 2 days to download a game. As far as the PS4, shipping is what is the bulk, not so much tax, we're not taxed like Nigerians and South Africans, It's about $570 dollars no controllers? The trick is to have it shipped from Nigeria or South Africa or Botswana, they pay their import tax, but the shipping from those places aren't much so it balances it out instead of paying triple tax/shipping, there's tricks and what not. :troll:
Others just have relatives or friends ship them, pay them via paypal and pay for the shipping. Fed Ex is worldwide.:manny:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Great question! I haven't bought a game in about a year, my last game was dying light. I now PC game, in fact an hour ago my torrent for Mafia 3 and No Man's Sky just finished, these are the 2 hottest games out imo. We have some great computer bruvs out who custom PC build. I recently got a pretty clean computer that cost about $800, the video card is what cost the most nvidia gtx 980. It takes about 2 days to download a game. As far as the PS4, shipping is what is the bulk, not so much tax, we're not taxed like Nigerians and South Africans, It's about $570 dollars no controllers? The trick is to have it shipped from Nigeria or South Africa or Botswana, they pay their import tax, but the shipping from those places aren't much so it balances it out instead of paying triple tax/shipping, there's tricks and what not. :troll:
Others just have relatives or friends ship them, pay them via paypal and pay for the shipping. :manny:
:ehh:

I notice most people from Non-Western countries whether it be Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia or Latin America prefer PC gaming.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Did Kofi Annaan say that because he doesn't want to be considered AA or because he didn't want to be called a ****** :jbhmm:

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
If you think 43k median income is impressive and enough to shield you from White supremacy...then you're an idiot :yeshrug:

African immigrants SHOULD graduate at a higher rate...they make up less than 10% of the Black American population and generally are compromised of their self-selected countries best:mjlol:

BTW your stats only address 1st generation immigrants, not their children whose socioeconomics resembles much closer to that of African Americans :ld:
Looks like we have a
lR9HHYu.png
on our hands. Look at his signature.
lR9HHYu.png

Joe Chink

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Consider, for instance, the revelation from the National Academy of Sciences’ report on the integration of immigrants into American society. The finding show that black immigrants are “more likely to be poor than the native-born, even though their labor force participation rates are higher and they work longer hours on average.” Although the poverty rate for foreign-born persons in general declined over generations to match the native born, poverty levels among black immigrants rose to match that of the native black population.

Why do they act like Africa is a country? Honestly I don't know too many West Africans who come to this country and become poor. If you're a refugee from Somalia or something I see that more likely to happen. I suspect that the influx of refugees is skewing the numbers here. Anyone with better information?

Um. Ghouls

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The climb
Others just have relatives or friends ship them, pay them via paypal and pay for the shipping. Fed Ex is worldwide.:manny:

What's the multiplayer community like over there?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Why do they act like Africa is a country? Honestly I don't know too many West Africans who come to this country and become poor.

The same reason they do it with Asians (sans Chinese and Indians), there are not a large enough population of singular ethnic/national groups. There are also plenty of West Africans below the poverty line tho.....

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I would like to hear this from my fellow North Sudani or even Egyptians, how they deal with the issue of "race" in America. Especially those which is majority of Egypt, and significant amount of Sudanese are not easily ID in regards by "race". I remembered reading online, a Sudani girl i normally talked said people on her job, thought she was Latina, until she corrected them and said she was African and black. Although they look at her funny, and simply ignored what she said, but did not ask again according to her. So i wonder how Sudanese(not all Sudanese)like her deals with classifying themselves within the American racial contexts. There are a few here on thecoli more like 7 or 8 of them but mainly on the hiphop section, and i wonder how they navigate it.
According to race categories, North African means Caucasian so she'd be considered white. It's arbitrary and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I wouldn't really call video games a western culture since it stems from Japan. My system is japanese the devs of the game are western but the act of playing video games is eastern. But I get what you're saying, yes I am familiar with video games.

The voice of Kratos is a black man, and I like the rage he produces.

Video games came from the west.. then the crash happened and Nintendo resurrected things :skip: