African food is so much better than Indian food it’s not even funny, so why does Indian food get all the love ?

What do you like more

• Indian food

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • West African food

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • East African food

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I live in the boondocks. We only have access to Italian, BBQ, Soulfood, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican and Indian. Everything else is a fast food chain.
African spots usually only pop up near the city. So the lack of opportunity is a factor

also most people who haven't tried indian food have a :scust: opinion on it.

Daps
Reppin
Baton Rouge, LA
As far as America goes, Indian food is held in high regard and always talked about

African food, particularly west African food shyts on

Why isn’t it held in the same esteem
I think it's prob because India is just one country and the African continent has over 50. So it's a bit less "centralized" than just blanket "Indian Food"

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It's actually pretty sad when you think about it. The only "black foods" that get love on the mainstream stage like that are soul food and Jamaican:francis:.
Technically even though a lot of our stuff was co-opted. Most of our Soul Staples are the most mainstream foods to eat.

Fried Chicken - Trillion dollar industry, KFC the biggest fastfood place in the World even though only top 5 in the usa.
BBQ (IE the places that serve mac n cheese, Cornbread and greens with BBQ, clearly based on soulfood)
Wing spots (Hot Wings were famously invented by a breh, and i think Buffalo sauce was as well.)
That's before even mentioning just traditional soul spots.

So it makes sense for our stuff to get more love than the others. but in order for more african stuff to get poppin, i think a single country needs to take the lead. And they need to have similar menus across the country so people always know what to expect when eating one. Knowing what to expect leads to craving, people saying they in mood for such and such food. Africa as an entire continent is too wide a net for specific cravings to work.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I haven't had west african food yet

but east african food >>>>>>>>>

ethiopian doro wat
Doro-Wat-vertical-1.jpg
kenyan ugali and fish
4906-2022-08-09.jpg
somali rice and goat meat