African Americans who can pass as West Africans.

Superstar
Daps
these test are only y dna?
are you meaning matrilineal? neither test is very representative. the video i posted explained the tests and how they were inaccurate. it goes for both the race and ethnicity tests.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
sorry, but no. the results don't even represent .01% of their ancestors.

That why autosomal dna test are best and even then those are not totally representative but they are still a step in the right direction as far as confirming paper trails.

Less 0.1% is better than none at all. We have millions of ancestors of course we can't get them all.

Superstar
Daps
That why autosomal dna test are best and even then those are not totally representative but they are still a step in the right direction as far as confirming paper trails.

Less 0.1% is better than none at all. We have millions of ancestors of course we can't get them all.
0.0002% is better than nothing i guess :patrice:but the price is too much and on top i can't see myself paying to regain a large price to regain a small part of my identity stolen from the same group selling me the .0002%

:manny: but it is up to individuals to enjoy the test or not. i really only wanted to clarify what the results meant and did not mean.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
0.0002% is better than nothing i guess :patrice:but the price is too much and on top i can't see myself paying to regain a large price to regain a small part of my identity stolen from the same group selling me the .0002%

:manny: but it is up to individuals to enjoy the test or not. i really only wanted to clarify what the results meant and did not mean.
Hell yeah the price isn't worth it, They need more people in the database. But finding out you have a 4 relatives in Sierra Leone or Nigeria isn't that bad. :ehh:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
@omnifax a link to an essay on origin and state.
Not much but a start.

http://abolition.nypl.org/essays/us_slave_trade/4/

From the data
Between 1628 to abt 1730 Virginia, Chesapeake port receive that most most slaves ranging around 100 to 28,000 slaves.
Between that time most of the slaves came from Senegambia in the early years and a spike in Bight of Biafra slaves in the later years of this time frame. The northern region brought slaves as well but number was way lower ranging 56 to 1,000ish Barley any in Georgia/Carolinas and Gulf.

Then between around 1720 - to early 1810 Georgia/Carolinas spiked in the number of slaves around 227 - 66,000ish.
The other chart shows that around 1730 and 1810 the a shyt load of slaves came from central/west Africa, Bight of Biafra, Sierra Leone,Gold Coast and The numbers correlate same time frame that the Georgia/ Carolina port spiked huge numbers.
Senegambia numbers were high around mid 1700s but dropped late 1700s-early 1800s
so did the Northern region numbers and Chesapeake's numbers.

Appreciate it. + rep

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Who ever posted that video on youtube is ridiculous with that title LMAO " AA aren't African".:what:
Then this guy then goes post pictures of AA and people from Oceanian and says they are indigenous to America
since when is Oceania America? :mjlol:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Who ever posted that video on youtube is ridiculous with that title LMAO " AA aren't African".:what:
Then this guy then goes post pictures of AA and people from Oceanian and says they are indigenous to America
since when is Oceania America? :mjlol:
That's what all his videos are about. He is probably one of those Black Hebrew Israelites.

https://www.youtube.com/user/1000gohead/videos

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Sudanese Person

Paint.png

Globalsim.png

Globalsim2.png

Globalsim3.png

Full_20120201123442BGA2.png

Full_2012020112BGA4.png

Dode.png

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
This is the most interesting file I have ever seen. It tests

Most likely fit is 74.4% (+- 0.0%) Africa (all Bantu)
and 25.6% (+- 0.0%) Africa (all East African)
which is 100% total Africa

The following are possible population sets and their fractions,
most likely at the top
Bantu Ke= 0.744 Maasai= 0.256

but the fit is the worst ... by a very large margin ... that I
have ever seen. I looked at the actual data file and it looks
perfectly normal. It clearly is 100% African, but the really terrible fit ...
and the position of the plotted point on the rotating graph ...
indicate that it is not well represented by any possible combination of the
African comparison panels I have. It does have a slightly higher than usual
homozygosity, indicative of a slightly isolated population. Also, I suspect
central African of some sort. One other possibility, exceedingly remote,
is that the person is a very close cousin of one of the people tested by
the academic reseachers whose data I use as comparisons.

Unless there is something fishy going on, this means that there are African
populations that are VERY different from the comparisons I have. Africa
is reputed to have the most diverse populations, and this is an example.
I’d love to know where he is from.

--- Doug McDonald

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Dreams of Africa in Alabama (book review for a book on Africatown)

2009 James F. Sulzby Award of the Alabama Historical Association
2008 Finalist Hurston/Wright Legacy Award
2007 Wesley-Logan Prize of the American Historical Association

Watch Book Talk on Ebru TV

Abache2-330.jpg

In the summer of 1860 more than fifty years after the United States legally abolished the international slave trade, 110 children, teenagers, and young adults from Benin and Nigeria were brought ashore in Alabama under cover of night. They were the last recorded group of Africans deported to the United States. Timothy Meaher, an established Mobile businessman, sent the slave ship, the Clotilda to Ouidah in the Bight of Benin, on a bet that he could "bring a shipful of ******s right into Mobile Bay under the officers' noses." He won the bet.

This book reconstructs -with never published photographs and documents- the lives of the young people in West Africa, recounts their capture and passage in the slave pen in Ouidah and their dreadful voyage, and describes their experience of slavery and freedom alongside American-born men and women.

For the first time, the personal and detailed testimonies of the slavers, and those of the deported Africans are gathered together to tell the best-documented but also the most forgotten story of the slave trade to the Western Hemisphere.

After emancipation, the group, under the leadership of Gumpa -a nobleman from Dahomey- reunited from various plantations, bought land, and founded their own settlement, known as African Town. They ruled it according to their customary laws, spoke their own regional language and, when giving interviews, insisted that writers use their African names so that their families would know that they were still alive.

The last survivor of the Clotilda died in 1935, but African Town (now called Africatown) is still home to the descendants of the men and women who dreamed of Africa in Alabama.

The publication of Dreams of Africa in Alabama marked the 200th anniversary of the official, if not actual, abolition of the American and British international slave trades.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
"Between 1719 and 1731, two-thirds of the African slaves bought to French Louisiana came from the Senegambia—a region between the Senegal and Gambia Rivers. The peoples who lived in that region and were later transported to be enslaved in Louisiana had an intricate knowledge of rice and corn cultivation as well as cotton, tobacco and indigo. Many people from the Senegambia shared common cultural knowledge as a result of living amongst each other for centuries and most had converted to Islam, with the exception of the Bambara."

In the literature of the day, enslaved Africans were identified according to the geographic location of their origins. Travel accounts throughout the region given by George W. Cable and M. Le Page du Pratz, among others, identified Africans as Senegalese, Mandingo, Foulah, Sosos, Negroes, Popoes, Cotocolies, Fidas, Socoes, Agwas, Mines, Nagoes, Fonds, Ibos, Angoloas, and Congoes. That these distinctions were noted attest to the fact that ethnic distinctions were being made between Africans and were well documented.

Makes you wonder if some families kept the tribal line going. Only Sosos mated with Sosos, Only Ibos mated with ibos etc. The early slave years they probably linked up with or tried to link up with there tribe members or related tribes. Maybe thats why some Aframs have dna results that lean to a specific area. :yeshrug: