African Americans who can pass as West Africans.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Anyone have any resources on the ethnic origins of the slaves per state? My mom's family is mostly from Mississippi, my dad Arkansas and we think originally the Carolina's and it would be interesting to get an idea of the makeup in those states.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of us from west Africa. But were so mixed up between the many west African groups it's all random af.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Anyone have any resources on the ethnic origins of the slaves per state? My mom's family is mostly from Mississippi, my dad Arkansas and we think originally the Carolina's and it would be interesting to get an idea of the makeup in those states.
I've been looking for that too. I haven't found anything yet.
I do remember reading that they choose the slaves according to envirnoment and crops. Africans who were already used to the crops and environment in Africa could transition well into America.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Most of us from west Africa. But were so mixed up between the many west African groups it's all random af.
I know! I been looking at DNA results videos on youtube and trying to see if it's a correlation between their physical appearance and tribe.

Mac Tyson

Banned
Daps
:yeshrug: Always though Lebron looked papuan but if so.. What about Pharrell,Snoop lol Young thug?
I hear from many Africans say that D. wade looks like he's from Ghana.
I don't know maybe it's me but to me many Aframs just don't have an that organic look about them. It's always little traits that set them apart.
Africans kids
senegal_rae_s_picts_074.jpg

IMG_2148.JPG

Americans kids

barackboygirl1.jpg

black_love_4.jpg
Theres a difference between judgin AAs as a whole and as individuals

Of courae as a whole they differ slightly from Africans (on average lighter, slightly less coarse hair on average)

But if u pick nearly any random AA and drop em in West Africa, no one will think twice about them not being African. There is lighter Africans theyre not rare. Im African and kno a lot of AAs darker than full Africans :manny:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Theres a difference between judgin AAs as a whole and as individuals

Of courae as a whole they differ slightly from Africans (on average lighter, slightly less coarse hair on average)

But if u pick nearly any random AA and drop em in West Africa, no one will think twice about them not being African. There is lighter Africans theyre not rare. Im African and kno a lot of AAs darker than full Africans :manny:

As an African, you don't think AA's would stick out? And by stick out I mean very slightly not drastically.
Like At first they blend in but when you keep looking something is off.
Also do you think you can tell were AA blood traces back just by looking at them?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
nope. would assume you're Jamaican or Haitian.
Haitian/ Jamaicans do have different look but at the same time the do the Haitians in Maimi look different from the ones on the island and do the Jamaicans in New york and Canada look different from the ones on the island ?