Afghanistan Thread | Taliban Rule

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Biden says he would've withdrawn from Afghanistan even without Trump's Taliban deal
President Biden told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that he would have tried to withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan even if former President Trump had not struck a deal with the Taliban to get out of the country by May 1.

Why it matters: Biden has sought to deflect blame on to the former president for the swift Taliban takeover of Afghanistan, saying that the peace deal Trump signed with the Taliban in 2020 set the stage for the subsequent withdrawal.
Biden says he would've withdrawn from Afghanistan even without Trump's Taliban deal

I ran Team Trump’s Afghan withdrawal — Biden’s attempt to blame us is just sad
kash-patel-01.jpg

Kash Patel
Sgt. Keisha Brown/U.S. Army

I’m intimately familiar with former President Donald Trump’s Afghanistan strategy. In November 2020, I was named chief of staff at the Pentagon, where one of my primary responsibilities was to wind down the forever war in Afghanistan.

Trump instructed me to arrange a conditions-based, methodical exit plan that would preserve the national interest. The plan ended up being fairly simple: The Afghan government and the Taliban were both told they would face the full force of the US military if they caused any harm to Americans or American interests in Afghanistan.

Next, both parties would negotiate to create an interim-joint government, and both sides had to repudiate al Qaeda. Lastly, a small special-operations force would be stationed in the country to take direct action against any terrorist threats that arose. When all those conditions were met — along with other cascading conditions — then a withdrawal could, and did, begin.

We successfully executed this plan until Jan. 20, 2021. During this interval — when there were no US casualties in Afghanistan — President Ashraf Ghani and the Taliban conducted multiple rounds of negotiations, and al Qaeda was sidelined. The result was a successful drawdown of US forces in Afghanistan to 2,500, the lowest count since the dawn of the War on Terror.

We handed our entire plan to the incoming Biden administration during the lengthy transition. The new team simply wasn’t interested.

Everything changed when the new commander in chief declared that US forces would leave Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021, pushing back the Trump administration’s timetable by four months. Crucially, he didn’t condition the withdrawal on continued adherence to the agreed-upon stipulations. It would be an unconditional pullout with an arbitrary date based on pure symbolism — and set in stone.
I ran Trump's Afghan withdrawal — Biden's attempt to blame us is sad

:mindblown:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
lol that guy is fukking nuts and does that sound like a viable plan in the broadest of strokes? I know you're a Trump sycophant but come on

:laff:

@Rhakim

I'm not 100% sure that Isaiah Bradley isn't Kash Patel. They definitely go through life with the same facial expressions. :lolbron:

Just a trip down memory lane...this was the guy that Liddell tried to get Trump to insert as CIA head in order to put US Intelligence completely under Trump's control. The fact that Trump had a guy in his administration who apparently could see dead people everywhere he looked has not been emphasized enough.

720px-Kashyap_P._Patel.jpg

In case you think it's just "one bad photo" (even though it's his official photo)....nah man. The motherfukker can see the spirit world.

201204-kash-patel-se-510p_c37217bb24bf0760e673cf6f1360239a.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg

34554126-8853533-image-a-49_1603077114326.jpg

image-1619139176.jpeg

694940094001_6114441939001_6114442135001-vs.jpg

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
lol that guy is fukking nuts and does that sound like a viable plan in the broadest of strokes? I know you're a Trump sycophant but come on

:laff:

@Rhakim
:umad: more validity to both Obama and Osama's views of how much of a fawkup Biden is, supported by both Biden and a member of the past administation

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
He's clearly lost his mind and I love seeing woke used as a pejorative by someone who props up countries engaged in genocide, ethnic cleansing, and using chemical weapons

Thanks for sharing!
Pepe has reported from Afghanistan for over 20 years. Sure he’s pro Russia and China but that’s the point. See what those powers are planning and how the Taliban are being staged by them on the diplomatic stage.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:umad: more validity to both Obama and Osama's views of how much of a fawkup Biden is, supported by both Biden and a member of the past administation

thought they were the same person and the Trump administration holds no weight

bill

Banned
Daps
The early brutal behavior of Taliban is known cause some media is present in Kabul, imagine what's happening elsewhere

The exist strategy requires folks to jason bourne their way to Kabul and then ethan hunt the various Taliban checkpoints before reaching airport

The lack of a practical exit strategy isn't the only problem but also the easy abandonment of the various humanitarian/woke based narratives that are repeated in the westernized countries to browbeat/profit from

I'm sorry but you dudes who post shyt like this are dumb as fukk