Afghanistan Thread | Taliban Rule

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Afghanistan is a mountainous, rural and tribal society that is ruled by warlords. That's how it has always been and will remain for the foreseeable future :hubie:
:hubie: I'm going to arm chair quarter back it here but Afghanistan is takeable, same every other single place in the world is, I just think at the end of the day every super power that has tried as decided there's nothing worth staying there for :hubie:

Mountains and warlords can with time and lack of empathy be wiped off the face of the earth too.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Military Industrial Complex is going hard in the paint to get the US back into Afghanistan to get that gravy train flowing again. CNN looking like a propaganda outlet all day.
:stopitslime:

they already lost, going to need to create a more realistic conflict that people could actually care about

Afghanistan will fade in the minds of Americans quickly if it hadn't already over the last 20 years

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Won't matter. These people do not have the intestinal fortitude to fight for their country. You can give them all the weapons and surveillance you want, I don't think they're capable of recruiting the necessary manpower/willpower to topple the taliban.
It doesn’t matter. That region is too interconnected. You can’t fight a lateral war cause fighters from other nations will flood in.

America was unique in that it was essentially an island fighting the Brits but there were no major supply lines for them to quickly take the colonist.

Even in the Civil War, once the Confederates supplies were cut from the Mississippi they were done.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Surrounded by all sides by Taliban and unlikely to receive much support from West. Taliban appears to have established cordial ties with Iran, China, Russia, and of course Pakistan. Where is there backing going to come from?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Y’all are fukking slow if you think China is gonna get an easy W here :heh:

lemme get this straight. A country that’s never done a full deployment is gonna take over Afghanistan?! :mjlol:

they can’t even stop their own citizens from being blown up and Pakistan is making them back down :ufdup:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Surrounded by all sides by Taliban and unlikely to receive much support from West. Taliban appears to have established cordial ties with Iran, China, Russia, and of course Pakistan. Where is there backing going to come from?
Those aren’t cordial ties. Nothing is concrete. That was all conditional based on the US staying there and there being a more coordinated witbdrawal. The US is not there anymore so now everything is up for grabs and negotiable. China was saying all that stuff on the predicate that the US would have a stable arrangement there.

China can’t even get the taliban to denounce the ETIM.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The Military Industrial Complex is going hard in the paint to get the US back into Afghanistan to get that gravy train flowing again. CNN looking like a propaganda outlet all day.
:stopitslime:
It's pretty disgusting. I'm pretty stunned that with the pandemic going on and so many issues here at home that the mainstream narrative would be so pro-war. I read recently that the first era of children born after the war in Afghanistan started was finally old enough to be sent over there themselves.

We were there way too long if you ask me.