Afghanistan Thread | Taliban Rule

mykey

Superstar
Daps
The fighters are taking down Afghanistan flag in the palace :francis: surreal.

My question is what happened to ethnic militias, for there to be zero resistance? Even in Somalia, AS would face some resistance from people organized along clan lines in an equivalent scenario.
They're literally in the seat of power. Taliban at the presidential palace in Kabul right now.

Taliban-8.jpg

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trump's legacy will be negotiating Afghanistan away to the Taliban. :laff::laff:

Really? Biden had a clear choice, was hardly fait accompli, but he ultimately agreed with Trumps position on this. I don’t begrudge him for it, but it’s definitely his responsibility too.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
40 years of war ends for your country today, how do you feel buddy?

Funny enough, I've spent the last 72 hours trying to talk Afghans down from the cliff

This isn't the worst case scenario

It doesn't seem like there will be a repeat of the 90s

There won't be any large scale reprisals or massacres

Kabul is left intact and handed over peacefully

National infrastructure is left intact

We may have some semblance of security and rule of law

Truth be told, I may return to that country as early as Christmas....

Coming back untainted by the foreign occupation

:blessed:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Really? Biden had a clear choice, was hardly fait accompli, but he ultimately agreed with Trumps position on this. I don’t begrudge him for it, but it’s definitely his responsibility too.

Yes, really. :dahell:

“We bear a major responsibility for this,” Ryan Crocker, former US ambassador to Afghanistan, told CNN on Thursday. “It began under President Trump when he authorised negotiations between the US and the Taliban without the Afghan government in the room. That was a key Taliban demand, and we acceded to it, and it was a huge demoralizing factor for the Afghan government and its security focus.”

“I personally had discussions with top Taliban leaders whereby they understood what they are doing now would not have been acceptable,” Mr Trump said in a statement this week. “It would have been a much different and much more successful withdrawal, and the Taliban understood that better than anyone.”

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Are the Uyghurs organized and capable enough to do something like that with the Taliban? I'd imagine their technology is limited and or compromised/monitored by the CCP which would make efforts futile
Doesn't matter. Read the articles I posted. China has over the last 30 years been VERY nervous about the Taliban in all forms and now lately have been the targets of islamic attacks under their treatment of muslims in their territories.