AEW on TBS barely doing 800k…

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I had a whole long post typed up and deleted it, but i'll just shorten it and say they need like 4 more PPVs to shorten up these buildups. They just killing time right now.

They really need to do a WWE Network style streaming service because BR Live ain't it :francis:. PPV is dead, and it's even trickling down to major sports like boxing (DAZN/Showtime/Etc).

It's crazy to expect fans to pay like 50 dollars for a wrestling event. When WWE has big fours for 9.99 outside the states, and 4.99 for the Peacock brehs.

I know Dana gets a pass with the PPV shyt, but even that is not thriving as much due to pirates and etc.

Hence the "Slap CTE League".

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
Man, I have been listening to The Lasped Fan covering the Hogan/Bischoff TNA era, and it dawned on me that we didn't realize how good we had it, compared to nowadays.

Hogan/Bischoff ran that promotion to the fukking ground, but even then there were some high key moments such as:

• MCMG/Beer Money feud
  • Bobby Roooo title reign
  • Aces and Eights
  • Angle/Anderson feud
Beyond that dark timeline, TNA was actually thriving on a come up. Yet, sadly, the ones that actually give a shyt about building the promotion always get put to the side for the suits and idiots that do not know shyt about the business.

This was and will forever be TNA/IMPACT in a nutshell.

I would give my left tree branch to have a Spike TV'ish experience in 2023:mjcry:

Like I said in the ROH thread, it would be something if ROH TV somehow restores the feeling that AEW been lacking for quite some time.

vegeta-under-the-rain.gif

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
He's Bully Ray...it's easy to be a cool heel by just cursing and saying offensive or unprofessional shyt but he has no idea how to be captivating.

Bully actually had a few bangers like when he used to tell the fans to look at his calves :dead:. Aces and Eights Bully Ray was an entire menace.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Breh they had friggin Darby going through a Cracker Barrel barrel and that shyt hit a milly:deadrose:. On the real, people may shyt on the early years of Dub, but I loved every minute of the 09/2020 era Covid and all.

• Mox not gone off the henny
  • The rank system actually making sense
  • Cody coming out with half the budget on pyro
  • Hardcore matches that were sparse
  • Wrestlers not bleeding every minute on the hour
  • "Little bit of the bubbly"
  • Elite stayed in their lane
:banderas:I remember being excited as hell for Wednesdays. I knew it was too good to be true when Big Show arrived, along with all the dead weight from the WWE.

God forbid, we can focus on the future instead of being stuck in the past :beli:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Breh they had friggin Darby going through a Cracker Barrel barrel and that shyt hit a milly:deadrose:. On the real, people may shyt on the early years of Dub, but I loved every minute of the 09/2020 era Covid and all.

• Mox not gone off the henny
  • The rank system actually making sense
  • Cody coming out with half the budget on pyro
  • Hardcore matches that were sparse
  • Wrestlers not bleeding every minute on the hour
  • "Little bit of the bubbly"
  • Elite stayed in their lane
:banderas:I remember being excited as hell for Wednesdays. I knew it was too good to be true when Big Show arrived, along with all the dead weight from the WWE.

God forbid, we can focus on the future instead of being stuck in the past :beli:

I’m gonna be honest with ya’ll

WWE being good again exposed me..

I was fukkin AEW heavily. Was never a stan but I could genuinely say I preferred it to WWE for 2-3 years. I was lookin forward to shows and actually excited Wednesdays, even hit LA shows when they were here (I was in the building for MJF’s pipebomb)

I can genuinely, wholeheartedly admit that WWE catching a wave after Vince kicked rocks has made me care a lot less about AEW as a product. I rarely even catch it live anymore, and some weeks I’ll skip the shyt altogether. I’m usually watching hoops or literally anything else. I’ve come to realize that it was never AEW being so good it pulled me in. It was WWE being so garbage it pushed me out. I would have taken anything at that point.

I still like the dub and root for their success. Their existence is good for the business and anyone who wants a 1 company monopoly is on some weird shyt. Judging from the numbers tho it’s pretty clear a lot of AEW’s success is contingent on WWE being in the mud.

:manny:

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
That's it. Tony book the shyt like a Mdikkie game:dead:. You have a roster that an indie promotion would give their left nut to have 1/4 of the Dark performers, but they are all in limbo.

There is a big event coming up and not a single fukk has been given. You have the most dull champion trying so hard to make the fans give a shyt about him, but it's not working. Interview with the Moxula out here going through blood withdrawals, and a new wrestler from DDT that folks clown because of his name.

How are folks supposed to take this shyt serious enough to watch two hours on a Wednesday night, when you have other things to watch like American's Test Kitchen :francis:
You are now attempting to fit in these additional storylines that are only seen every other week, if that. There are too many people on the roster as well.
The YouTube shows are another major problem I have.
How can a nikka have a winning record or be a top contender if I see him lose every week on television?
The YouTube shows aren't watched by anyone, so instead of jobbing out the new, undiscovered talent, they ought to approach it like NXT.
I could write a full page on why this company should be operating better; it's very terrible that it isn't.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

:unimpressed:Mid Jajaja Forgettable with another banger....

That was cheap and trashy. It's something you'd hear from a 12 year old on xbox live back in the early 2000s. :scusthov:
I swear. Bayley does the same shyt to an extent. Forcing the crowd to boo her

She would be like "I'm not dumb, LIKE THE PEOPLE IN (INSERT CITY HERE)" lol