“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Right, even with the 52M number floating around, it was a guessetimate with what WBD usually pays for that slot. Ppl really underestimate the value of something like wrestling to networks. That's programming that's damn near fool proof, on weekly all year. Now you have Punk/Mox/Daniel Bryan attached to it as well.

The 52m number is a fabricated bullshyt number from Meltzer that shows he doesn't understand how media rights work.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The 52m number is a fabricated bullshyt number from Meltzer that shows he doesn't understand how media rights work.
That's why I said guesstimate. Even the 40M is good :manny:
IIRC it was said it was a multiyear deal too. So it wasnt 40-52M for one year.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
That's why I said guesstimate. Even the 40M is good :manny:
IIRC it was said it was a multiyear deal too. So it wasnt 40-52M for one year.

Meltzer's "math" is based on what he heard WBD pays per hour for first run broadcasting (500k per hour, so $1 million a week x 52 weeks a year). He's applying this to the new show however if he took half a second and applied this to what shows they currently air, AEW's TV deal should pay them $80 million a year ($1.5 million a week + an additional $2 million for Battle of the Belts annually). Their current deal is somewhere in the 45-50 million range. That right there should tell you Meltzer is full of shyt and grasping at straws. Sports Media rights do not work in this manner at all.

What I'm speculating is a new media rights deal has already been signed (to be announced publicly on 5/17) and will start in June with the new show.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Meltzer's "math" is based on what he heard WBD pays per hour for first run broadcasting (500k per hour, so $1 million a week x 52 weeks a year). He's applying this to the new show however if he took half a second and applied this to what shows they currently air, AEW's TV deal should pay them $80 million a year ($1.5 million a week + an additional $2 million for Battle of the Belts annually). Their current deal is somewhere in the 45-50 million range. That right there should tell you Meltzer is full of shyt and grasping at straws. Sports Media rights do not work in this manner at all.

What I'm speculating is a new media rights deal has already been signed (to be announced publicly on 5/17) and will start in June with the new show.
You keep breaking down how Meltzer was wrong..........im not defending Meltzer's numbers :dahell:

Yea, they probably do have a deal. I saw somewhere that they plan on PPVs being on Max and bumping the number to 10-12 PPVs a year. :manny:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep breaking down how Meltzer was wrong..........im not defending Meltzer's numbers :dahell:

Yea, they probably do have a deal. I saw somewhere that they plan on PPVs being on Max and bumping the number to 10-12 PPVs a year. :manny:
HBO Max? I've been hearing that for it feels like years now. I'll believe it when I see it (and I want to see it) -- but it feels like a stretch.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
HBO Max? I've been hearing that for it feels like years now. I'll believe it when I see it (and I want to see it) -- but it feels like a stretch.
Yea, it's obviously something in the works with AEW/Max. When they announced the All in stuff they said it was a celebration of Warner Bro's 100 years. They also havent said where you will be able watch it, which will most likely be Max.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Yea, it's obviously something in the works with AEW/Max. When they announced the All in stuff they said it was a celebration of Warner Bro's 100 years. They also havent said where you will be able watch it, which will most likely be Max.

Has Max/HBO Max broadcast any live events yet? Thought they may have done a concert or two, but not sure.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Has Max/HBO Max broadcast any live events yet? Thought they may have done a concert or two, but not sure.
Seems they did soccer live.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

gonna be hilarious when punk headlines their biggest show ever after the shyt he pulled on khan and the company
bushlaugh.png