AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0_Mortal-Kombat-11-Friendship-Raiden.jpg

Lmao someone photoshop Mjf and coles faces on this

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Getting my predictions in

Preshow

ROH tag titles - Aussie Open vs. Better Than You Bay Bay - really haven't the slightest clue what direction they could be going with this, so I'm going with BTYBB. I'm thinking the Kingdom factors in somehow at Cole's direction behind the scenes but he plays dumb about it to MJF because he has so thoroughly manipulated MJF since they started teaming together. shyt has all been a ruse to con MJF into a rematch so he can win the title.

FTW title - Hook vs. Jack Perry - Hook

Main card

Trios titles - House of Black (c) vs. The Acclaimed and Bad Ass Billy Gunn - Rolling with the Acclaimed/Billy Gunn here. Let them HoB guys go into a program with LFI now that RUSH is assembling his crew.

Real World title match - Punk (c) vs. Joe - Punk as I don't get what the point would be in putting that fake belt on Joe. But who knows. As far as I can remember, thus far there's not much of anything else that's transpired that points to one person or the other winning.

Singles match - Jericho vs. Ospreay - Ospreay for sure. Think it's apparent after this Wednesday it was booked to get Ospreay nuclear over with the AEW crowd because they have a good chance of signing him when his contract is over. I don't think it was any coincidence that Ospreay randomly brought up his contract expiring in six months. Bushiroad, the parent company of NJPW, is in financial ruins with their stock tanking this month and NJPW hasn't exactly been doing great themselves, and bringing in gaijin talent is much more expensive than Japanese talent, and TK is going to be able to easily outbid NJPW for his services.

Stadium Stampede - Best Friends/Eddie/OC/Penta vs. BCC/Proud n Powerful - BCC/PnP get the win here. Sets up Eddie vs. Claudio for the ROH title and OC vs. Moxley for the International title at All Out. Though I could see them holding off on Eddie vs. Claudio for the ROH title at the next ROH PPV.

Trios match - Bullet Club Gold and Takeshyta vs. the Golden Elite - Golden Elite. Something happens that sets up Kenny vs. Takeshyta next week for All Out and we'll be getting an Elite vs. Bullet Club Gold program going this fall

Coffin Tag match - Darby and Sting vs. Christian and Swerve - Sting hasn't lose yet in AEW and the first L sure as hell isn't going to be at Wembley

Women's title four way - Shida (c) vs. TOni Storm vs. Saraya vs. Britt Baker - Shida, but I can see all of them winning, especially Saraya because of that BS hometown (or in this case, home country) pop crap TK likes to do. Storm turns on Saraya to break up the Outcasts.

Tag title match - FTR (c) vs. Young Bucks - I really see this going either way. I'm going with FTR though. I would have been much more confident in my pick is Cash hadn't had the alleged road rage incident, but I think that is ultimately going to end up amounting to nothing, certainly not enough of something where Tk's decision on who wins should have changed.

AEW title - MJF vs. Adam Cole - I've said ever since the Kingdom signed that we could see Cole align with them again like he did in ROH, and mark it down, Adam Cole will turn heel and the Kingdom will help win.

Now how do they reconcile the ROH tag titles being on Cole and MJF with Cole turning on MJF? I don't know. TK doesn't always do shyt that makes sense and this doesn't make sense so sounds like it's right up TK's alley.
Did pretty well with my predictions given quite a few of these matches didn't have any clear-cut winners going in.

Correct
ROH Tag title
FTW title
Trios title
Real World Title
Ospreay
Coffin Tag
AEW Tag title

Incorrect
Stadium Stampede
Golden Elite/Bullet Club Gold trios match
AEW title

Incorrect but rest of my prediction was correct so giving myself half a point lol
Women's title match - Picked Shida but called TK booking Saraya to probably win for the hometown BS and Storm turning to break up the Outcasts

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don’t understand why weekend afternoon wrestling shows aren’t more of a thing. The NFL and NBA have weekend afternoon games, even the UFC have done afternoon shows in the states.

Not saying it should be an every month thing but I mean if you promote it people will come and people will watch.
I'm guessing it's the logic of people are out and about in the afternoons and are at home on Sunday evenings. NFL counters that point, but who knows. It'll be interesting to see the buy rate compared to other AEW ppvs.