ADOS Great Migration: section of Jefferson Blvd in Los Angeles renamed to New Orleans Corridor.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
What i'm saying is that while neighborhood demographics do/will change overtime, there is NOTHING being done by the city to preserve any of Black LA.

They wouldn't dare let anything happen to Olvera Street,because of it's history and significance to latinos in LA.

Bass knows her job is to clean up LA for the Olympics, and this is part of that....but it's much easier to play this as preservation of black culture.
That’s unfortunate.

timeless

All Star
Daps
@Biscayne I talked to my mom and unfortunately she wasn't exposed to her southern side as much. She just recently found out she's cousin with Ice Cube and that one of dad's nephews grew up across the street from him. Her dad, my grandpa, relocated to SoCal around the 50s and were pretty isolated from their southern roots. Thank God it's a new day and people in my generation are trying to reconnect ☺️☺️

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
@Biscayne I talked to my mom and unfortunately she wasn't exposed to her southern side as much. She just recently found out she's cousin with Ice Cube and that one of dad's nephews grew up across the street from him. Her dad, my grandpa, relocated to SoCal around the 50s and were pretty isolated from their southern roots. Thank God it's a new day and people in my generation are trying to reconnect ☺️☺️
:wow:

I knew of Ice Cubes Louisiana roots. Becuse he and Macshawn from the Bay are cousins, I believe. They spoke about their Louisiana ties. But, jeez. You kinfolks to a legend. :wow:

I wonder why they didn’t keep in touch with ppl back home? Was it too much trauma? I think it’s dope that the younger Gen of black Californians trying to keep those tied alive. Those lineage ties. :wow:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Add Florida as well.
I’m in Florida. I remember watching an older gang mockumentary film from 1994 that took place in South Central about the bloods and Crips. And one of the bloods who was killed in the film, they read his obituary at the funeral and stated he was born in Miami. I’d love to explore the small and less often talked about Florida to California pipeline. Gilbert Arenas(part cuban, I know) was born in Tampa and raised in LA. Chad OchoCinco out of liberty city, but went to Santa Monica college and I think had family out there. Maybe I’m wrong. :jbhmm:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t remember much Florida influence growing up. Or even Texas.

My family is apart of the Louisiana to LA pipeline. I also remember meeting elders from Mississippi and from the Midwest growing up.

timeless

All Star
Daps
:wow:

I knew of Ice Cubes Louisiana roots. Becuse he and Macshawn from the Bay are cousins, I believe. They spoke about their Louisiana ties. But, jeez. You kinfolks to a legend. :wow:

I wonder why they didn’t keep in touch with ppl back home? Was it too much trauma? I think it’s dope that the younger Gen of black Californians trying to keep those tied alive. Those lineage ties. :wow:

Yup. It never resonated with me that he was a Jackson too. I looked up Mac Shawn and :ohmy:

It's uncanny. He looks like one of my grand-uncles! Haha the resemblance is striking. I'm gonna have to tell my mom about this. It's so cool finding family you never knew about 🥹

From what I can recall is that my grandad's parents split and his dad took the kids to California while his mom stayed in Louisiana, god rest their souls. In regards to the trauma, you have no idea. I have it bad, on my maternal and paternal sides of the family. I'm just glad that my generation is wanting to talk about these things more. It's the older ones who have a hard time discussing things. But, yeah we are trying to keep our lineage ties alive.

timeless

All Star
Daps
I’m in Florida. I remember watching an older gang mockumentary film from 1994 that took place in South Central about the bloods and Crips. And one of the bloods who was killed in the film, they read his obituary at the funeral and stated he was born in Miami. I’d love to explore the small and less often talked about Florida to California pipeline. Gilbert Arenas(part cuban, I know) was born in Tampa and raised in LA. Chad OchoCinco out of liberty city, but went to Santa Monica college and I think had family out there. Maybe I’m wrong. :jbhmm:

No, I think you're onto something. It all seems to start in the Carolinas. Looking at old records from the 1800s, a lot of blacks split up from the Carolinas to other southern states. I bet if you go back on their family tree you'll find their ancestors coming from the Carolinas. My great grandmother was born in Monticello, Florida, but her grandparents all came from the Carolinas with the exception of one who came from Virginia.