ADOS Great Migration: section of Jefferson Blvd in Los Angeles renamed to New Orleans Corridor.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
It's strange, you can acknowledge and make efforts to create some permanence/preserve/acknowledge for a smaller subsection of LA black culture.... but fukk doing anything to keep Leimert,West Adams,Baldwin Village/Hills,Crenshaw,Watts etc. the neighborhoods a place where LA black culture can be possible.

This is also an extension of them whole rebranding of South Central to "South LA", giving neighborhoods new names that nobody acknowledged...Now this, and it's just going to give way to redefining/renaming the entire neighborhood.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Damn.....I ain't hear bout her 👀👀👀

And they bout to lock Teedy ass up from what I read lately. FBI on her ass. I tell folk all the time NO needs native NO folk in office.
Yeah Desiree born and raised in the city and ran her campaign on making New Orleans better for New Orleanians. The king makers in the city( Sidney Torres) preferred Latoya and here we are. Latoya is under investigation for her affair with the police officer assigned to her security detail.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Yeah Desiree born and raised in the city and ran her campaign on making New Orleans better for New Orleanians. The king makers in the city( Sidney Torres) preferred Latoya and here we are. Latoya is under investigation for her affair with the police officer assigned to her security detail.
That was dumb of Cantrell. Had her ass on 4k geauxin to apt during his shift the city own and she was talking big shyt during the recall too

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
I’m not too sure. That clip pissed me off. But the migration of Creole ppl to Los Angeles and the impact that has had on LA culture still persist to this day.

They gonna give the Belizeans the other part of Jefferson by USC?

Taste of Soul been a thing for years, and it wasn't like Blacks in LA didn't acknowlege that their families came from the South....this is just a masked attempt to draw whites into the 30's for a " New Orleans culture/food" destination in the hood leading up until the Olympics.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
It's strange, you can acknowledge and make efforts to create some permanence/preserve/acknowledge for a smaller subsection of LA black culture.... but fukk doing anything to keep Leimert,West Adams,Baldwin Village/Hills,Crenshaw,Watts etc. the neighborhoods a place where LA black culture can be possible.

This is also an extension of them whole rebranding of South Central to "South LA", giving neighborhoods new names that nobody acknowledged...Now this, and it's just going to give way to redefining/renaming the entire neighborhood.
Baldwin Hills losing its black character? What percentage of Baldwin hills is black nowadays?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
That's amazing 😍 most of my family members are from Jackson, LA and they migrated to San Diego and Los Angeles from the 50s til now.
I imagine a lot of Louisiana ppl really contributed to the development of Southeast SD. Skyline, Lincoln, etc. Did you recall hearing stories of Louisiana growing up? Were there more Louisiana cuisine places in Southeast SD back in the days?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Maybe 30-40 years ago, but definitely not now.

The generation that moved from Louisiana to LA is really elderly or dead.

Their kids moved to the IE or out of state.

That stretch of Jefferson is full of Mexicans and cacs.
Makes me sad what’s happening to black LA. Who will preserve the history?

timeless

All Star
Daps
I imagine a lot of Louisiana ppl really contributed to the development of Southeast SD. Skyline, Lincoln, etc. Did you recall hearing stories of Louisiana growing up? Were there more Louisiana cuisine places in Southeast SD back in the days?

Unfortunately I only just found out about this stuff recently, because my grandfather wasn't close to his family after moving to San Diego. Now because of the Internet I'm connecting with so many long lost relatives whom I didn't know actually lived in Southern California all this time. In fact I'll ask my mom about some of that and get back to you! She went to school in Lincoln btw 😁

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
Baldwin Hills losing its black character? What percentage of Baldwin hills is black nowadays?

What i'm saying is that while neighborhood demographics do/will change overtime, there is NOTHING being done by the city to preserve any of Black LA.

They wouldn't dare let anything happen to Olvera Street,because of it's history and significance to latinos in LA.

Bass knows her job is to clean up LA for the Olympics, and this is part of that....but it's much easier to play this as preservation of black culture.