Adidas Will Continue To Sell Kanye West Shoe Designs Without Yeezy Name

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Don’t the resellers win more out of this shyt anyway? You can barely find them shoes before they’re snapped up and re sold on stock x or something. All I see is the designs being sold under the regular Adidas name in stores. All he has to do is go somewhere else and sell Yeezy whatever’s and he will be ok right? I guess depending on how much support he still has.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Adidas will be fine.

They've been around for over 100 years.

Yeezys aren't the “end all be all” for their brand.

Y'all are underestimating Adidas's name being attached to the sneaker (Yeezys) if Kanye released a sneaker with no big brand attached that shyt would be Famous Footwear/Marshalls/Burlington Coat Factory status.

There's a reason why his sneakers and clothing lines needed the brands behind them because without it nobody would buy his shyt, regardless of his name because there's no brand attached and his stuff would come across generic without the backing of powerhouse brands.

Maybe for Hypebeasts, trendy consumers, and stans but for general and casual sneakers heads who aren't fixated on celebrity hype/trends and just like buying sneakers, Adidas will be fine.

Kanye will go broke tryna create a new sneaker.

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Adidas will be fine.

They've been around for over 100 years.

Yeezys aren't the “end all be all” for their brand.

Y'all are underestimating Adidas's name being attached to the sneaker (Yeezys) if Kanye released a sneaker with no big brand attached that shyt would be Famous Footwear/Marshalls status.

Maybe for Hypebeasts, trendy consumers, and stans but for general and casual sneakers heads who aren't fixated on celebrity hype/trends and just like buying sneakers, Adidas will be fine.

Kanye will go broke tryna create a new sneaker.
I’m a self admitted Adidas Stan lol. They’ll definitely be ok. This is the same brand that used to have a clearance sale weekend that used to come here and just dump old adidas shyt in a building so people could sift through it to buy.. Covid killed it hopefully it will come back eventually. They made a killing off just that. If Yeezy is what people think it is, he can just take it and put it on some other brand and sell it right? Imagine Yeezy Etonics, Yeezy Diadoras :russ: Yeezy Elisse’s lol. Yeezy Fila’s

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt, this reminds me of Supra footwear when Terry Kennedy left they still sold The Society, his custom shoe, years after he left. Same with his lowtop. Just remove the name and voila!

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Look no further than Nike Foamposites to see how this could work out for Adidas. Those were Pippen’s and then Penny’s and now they are just Foams to this new generation.

They’ve done this with a few other models too.

Adidas won’t make a killing like they did with the Yeezy brand but they’ll make enough to make it worth it. It will sell better than any of their other garbage. And the deals a little sweeter since they don’t have to split profits.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
So instead of Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost it'll be a Adidas 350 Boost :unimpressed:
ie: it'll be a "Yeezy" everywhere except for the official Adidas site where you can't buy them anyway, they still benefit from his brand cachet

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adidas designers designed all of the shoes besides the slides. Kanye had his own designs before Adidas and they went straight to outlet stores like Nordstrom Rack
Lies. you need to check your sources. Kanye was the engine behind a majority of those designs

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Lies. you need to check your sources. Kanye was the engine behind a majority of those designs
“#3 out of these 27 are my favorite. I like this shape, this silhouette from #5, can you switch that up? Can you change that? Can you make it look more like this shoe made by X”

That’s the “design” that Kanye was doing. If you think he had a pencil and paper in his hand actually drawing out sneakers and sourcing fabrics then :russ:

He made this pretty clear at DrinkChamps

Kanye designs as much as Irv Gotti and Puff ‘produce’

Positive Poster

All Star
Daps
I’m a self admitted Adidas Stan lol. They’ll definitely be ok. This is the same brand that used to have a clearance sale weekend that used to come here and just dump old adidas shyt in a building so people could sift through it to buy.. Covid killed it hopefully it will come back eventually. They made a killing off just that. If Yeezy is what people think it is, he can just take it and put it on some other brand and sell it right? Imagine Yeezy Etonics, Yeezy Diadoras :russ: Yeezy Elisse’s lol. Yeezy Fila’s
What’s wrong with Diadora and Fila? :mjcry::flabbynsick:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
From fauna to flora. Oh my G-d the horror. Sucker MCs still sporting Diadoras.

OLD OLD ass bar. Prolly written in the 90s. Haven't seen that shoe named since then either