Achievements for Goldeneye 007 have appeared, re-release imminent?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm only excited for this if it comes with modern controls, mainly being able to ADS and move at the same time. Same thing with timesplitters 2.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I may be mistaken but I thought I had read that they only have publishing rights to their IP'S. For example Donkey Kong, like I said I might be wrong but that's what I remember reading.

It's a mixed bag here. With Donkey Kong, that was a Nintendo owned character. Rare making the games is noted, but Nintendo could publish the games again as they own the publishing rights. You see this with Virtual Console and such.

For Goldeneye though, that's where the mixed bag comes in. Nintendo was licensed the Bond character for Goldeneye, in which Rare developed. This was the simplicity of it back then. Nowadays, MGM owns the entertainment part of Bond character, while Activation has publishing rights to Bond games. But for this scenario - aside from approval from MGM for using Bond himself and Activsion for a Bond featured game release - you need Nintendo who owns the rights to the Goldeneye 007 game they are trying to re-release. Despite Rare developing the game, publishers tend to own the rights for said game.

This is why you could get that CoD style Goldeneye on the Wii/PS3/XB360 as that was an entirely new game. But if you want a re-release of the N64 classic, you need Nintendo to sign up, too.

Last edited:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hope they don't change too much. Allow for proper dual analog controls, clean up some textures, that's about it. There's already enough modern FPS games out there

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Truth. I was probably the biggest goldeneye fan here. Going back to that game after playing modern shooters sounds horrible.
I know for a fact you’re not the biggest fan here.
I say that because I can tell you a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down and if you like to take a minute to just sit right there I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air :francis:
I hope they don't change too much. Allow for proper dual analog controls, clean up some textures, that's about it. There's already enough modern FPS games out there
The game was finished last Gen and didn’t release
because of a licensing issue (wasn’t Nintendo) and it must Have finally been resolved. It’ll be 60fps, HD but otherwise same looking game. Just smoother now, The OG ran at sub 30.

Last edited:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Shooting games have come too far at this point. There is nothing that can be done to bring that original Golden Eye feeling back
Game had the GOAT hip fire a d aiming was not as important as it is in shooters today.

Your gun automatically pointed towards the person in the area, which is more realistic in a shootout war type scenario. nikkas ain't about to be using aim and scopes with gun fire all around :stopitslime:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know for a fact you’re not the biggest fan here.
I say that because I can tell you a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down…

jeezus christ man neg…you just babble…and yes I got your stupid reference…

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Game had the GOAT hip fire a d aiming was not as important as it is in shooters today.

Your gun automatically pointed towards the person in the area, which is more realistic in a shootout war type scenario. nikkas ain't about to be using aim and scopes with gun fire all around :stopitslime:

As someone who has shot guns at gun ranges multiple times and is horrible at it, hip fire in goldeneye is not realistic at all :russ:

Modern shooting and aiming is much more realistic, its not even a debate. I'm surprised you came in with this take :dead:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh

If they do a remake it’s not going to have those same auto aim mechanics from before. It’s going to be modern with nikkas using scopes, ADS, etc…

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
As someone who has shot guns at gun ranges multiple times and is horrible at it, hip fire in goldeneye is not realistic at all :russ:

Modern shooting and aiming is much more realistic, its not even a debate. I'm surprised you came in with this take :dead:
I'm not saying aiming is realistic or not, it's just that in a fire fight with bullets flying around your head nikkas ain't lining up scopes or whatever aim device you might have in your weapon.

From a distance, yea it's more of a possibility.

Their scope aim was awful anyways, from what I remember you didn't even have full control, you had to balance the aim every time. You couldn't leave the scope position in 1 spot because it moves around with no user input.

It made aiming less of a thing and imo, that's the main thing that separated Goldeneye from other shooters.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

As far as real life doe, I hit the range twice a month. I'm a great shot with bigger pistols but I'm awful with small ones.

My Glock 19, man that bytch kick like a mf. I love that gun because it's small and it could do hella damage. The handle is just too short for my hands. The bottom of the handle is between my fingers so I can't use my other hand to control the bottom of it. My Sig Sauer 9 is about the same size, same handle length, but the kick back is smooth as hell. I love that mf.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
As far as real life doe, I hit the range twice a month. I'm a great shot with bigger pistols but I'm awful with small ones.

My Glock 19, man that bytch kick like a mf. I love that gun because it's small and it could do hella damage. The handle is just too short for my hands. The bottom of the handle is between my fingers so I can't use my other hand to control the bottom of it. My Sig Sauer 9 is about the same size, same handle length, but the kick back is smooth as hell. I love that mf.

You ever try a grip extension on it?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm not saying aiming is realistic or not, it's just that in a fire fight with bullets flying around your head nikkas ain't lining up scopes or whatever aim device you might have in your weapon.

From a distance, yea it's more of a possibility.

Their scope aim was awful anyways, from what I remember you didn't even have full control, you had to balance the aim every time. You couldn't leave the scope position in 1 spot because it moves around with no user input.

It made aiming less of a thing and imo, that's the main thing that separated Goldeneye from other shooters.

I agree with this, and it also made it feel more fair

Same but I don't actually have big hands. I've shot small pistols that almost feel like you aren't even shooting them and I can't hit shyt with them

I think it's just because theres not enough weight to keep my aim still

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I agree with this, and it also made it feel more fair

Same but I don't actually have big hands. I've shot small pistols that almost feel like you aren't even shooting them and I can't hit shyt with them

I think it's just because theres not enough weight to keep my aim still

Short barrel pistols are harder to aim accurately because of their shorter sight radiuses. Since the distance is so short, it's harder to line up the front and back sights, and therefore magnifies any mislignment errors much more than longer barreled guns. The longer radius is why rifles are perceived to be more accurate.

All that to say, yeah, if the gun is too small for your hands whether it's physical or weight-wise, the smallness of it is just going to make it all the worse to enjoy when you're shooting it.

People also mistake short barreled pistols as being better for concealed carry, but it's more in the grip length because that's what "prints" the most when it comes to your clothing. I have a 4" pistol and wish that I had gone with something longer (but with the same grip length).

Last edited: