According to retirement experts, by age 35, you should have twice your salary saved

Do you have that amount saved?

• Yes

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • No

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • Of course, I'm a 6 certs Breh. Only peasants wouldn't

Votes: 24 16.7%

• Total voters
Daps
Sounds hard but it's not. We spend frivilously. If we stopped spending on dumb shyt we could easily save $5-$10 g's a year from 25-35 .

Nothing easy about saving $10k a year unless you have a very high salary and no kids. Which is the exact opposite of the average person.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with the article, and hope to at least have that much saved by 35.
Moving to a low cost-of-living area is key, honestly.
I know a lot of guys in corporate law and business that are aggressively saving while also paying down student loan debt.
I’m perfectly fine living in Ohio, in a nice, small house, until I’ve reached comfortable stability.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FOH....

ask the people at enron, ask the thousand of other people who have medical expenses they never expected and other situations that came up in life...

people need to stopped talking bullshyt about what others should have when you not in that persons household..
This is financial advice, it’s not tailored to each individual situation.
And it’s good advice, retirement accounts, a healthy savings, and property are goals.
Of course everyone can’t obtain that, but that doesn’t make the advice invalid.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
This obviously doesn't work for alotta professions that have heavy opportunity costs such as the legal or medical professions where I know dudes just a few years out of school with like 200k+ in debt

Usually those professions make over 150k+ so in the long run it works out

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
You should at least have your salary saved by 35. But people fukk their early earning years by having kids, buying houses/cars that are beyond their means, racking up mad credit card debt or blowing what little savings they have for some dumb ass wedding or a couple vacations a year that you can’t afford etc.