About To Purchase A PS5 With The Disc Thang, Give Me A Reason Why Should Go Digital On These Boys.. UPDATE Changed My Mind Im Getting An Xbox

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I like collecting cases and stuff. My cloud storage will available for the disc junt right?

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
It just comes down to 2 thing to me.

1. Do you have friends? If so, you can borrow and lend games. I've let a friend borrow Guardians and Tsushima on PS5. Back on PS4 a friend let me borrow Spiderman. Sharing games is worth the extra few bucks if you got friends.

2. You can't sell digital. And a lot of times you have to wait for sales instead of getting games used for cheaper prices or in bundles at Gamestop. I've done a lot of buy "4 for $40" with each game individually costing 15 to 20 bucks each. Or buy one get one half off/free. A lot of digital games just stay expensive. And if you don't like a digital game, you're stuck with it. You can't pawn them off, they're just there.

Another thing that may be a problem in the future is games being removed from digital.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
2. You can't sell digital. And a lot of times you have to wait for sales instead of getting games used for cheaper prices or in bundles at Gamestop. I've done a lot of buy "4 for $40" with each game individually costing 15 to 20 bucks each. Or buy one get one half off/free. A lot of digital games just stay expensive. And if you don't like a digital game, you're stuck with it. You can't pawn them off, they're just there.

I feel like with subscription services and damn near everything ended up on it this means less and less, if you’re patient and love to save money i feel like PS Plus is less time consuming and probably the cheaper option than buying and selling physical

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Well, if rumors are true, a separate disk drive is coming in the future.

But I think physical is good for options. Can buy used games and what not.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, if rumors are true, a separate disk drive is coming in the future.

But I think physical is good for options. Can buy used games and what not.

Exactly right on the bolded. I never buy used games, but I like having the option to go physical or digital as I see fit. Additionally, having phyaical discs does make it less of a necessity to have absolutely everything installed at all times. Plenty of times that I've replayed older games because the convenience of just having to pop the disc in and download the latest patch instead of needing to download the whole game is nice.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, I mostly went physical back in the PS4 days because my Internet wasn't that fast at the time and it took a while to download full games, and also because I was a bit younger and more likely to be borrowing games from friends, etc.

Now that I have a faster connection I didn't bother with a disc drive for PS5 :manny: so it really just comes down to preference

DarkandHellisHot

All Star
Daps
If the rumours are true about the detachable drive and in case it works on current Digital, 10 times the digital just because the look vs disk.

*About the detachable with current digital version, Tom Henderson told on his article that can be possible with some software update or firmware (i dont recall the exact words now). But without any confirmation for now, if you can wait for some more info, good. if not, then yea, disk version.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I wish I had gotten the digital only PS5 at launch because I still haven't used the disc drive yet :pachaha:

Having to swap discs to play games just ruins the experience for me. That and the PSN sales are pretty good if u wait for the right time to purchase digital games, I've gotten a lot good shyt for pennies on the dollar