ABC's upcoming sitcom: "Black-ish"

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Tracee Ellis Ross brief interview about Season 3

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/a...and-a.html?smid=tw-nytimesarts&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Your character is pregnant on the show this season. How will that play out?

Really slowly. We don’t come back with me showing. It is a part of the show, but as our creator, Kenya Barris, has said to me, “This is not the season of pregnancy.” It’ll just roll its way out. I do get an ultrasound in one of the first episodes we’ve filmed. It will be like most modern-day pregnancies where women stay active in their lives and do what they do and be who they are until that moment when they give birth. I’m excited about it. I’ve not been pregnant in my own life, so it’s fun to draw from all the people I’ve known who have been pregnant.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
https-%3A%3Awww.instagram.com%3Ap%3ABJk0WpkgSyl%3A.jpg

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
‘Black-ish’ creator accused of stealing show idea in $1M suit

“Black-ish” isn’t just Emmy bait — it’s also lawsuit bait.

Kenya Barris, creator of the acclaimed ABC sitcom, has been hit with a $1 million suit by his former director pal for allegedly stealing the show idea, according to court documents obtained by Deadline.

Music video director Bryan Barber — who says he and the creator became college friends in 1996 and formed a partnership in 2006 — claimed in the papers Barris “hijacked” an untitled script they’d developed based on Barber’s own life.

“The Original Untitled Script was premised on Plaintiff’s idea for a television show about the black experience as seen through the lens of a successful, creative and affluent black man working in the predominantly white entertainment industry,” he wrote.

Anthony Anderson says Nate Parker is 'a good guy, great actor'

62 photos view gallery
2016 Primetime Emmy nominees

“Plaintiff’s idea was based on his own life experiences, which he had shared with Barris in confidence and with the understand that Plaintiff intended to exploit it commercially in partnership with Defendant Barris.”

Based on that script, he alleges, Barris wrote, developed and shopped around the “Black-ish” pilot unbeknownst to him sometime between the end of 2006 and September 2014.

Barber, who directed Terrence Howard’s 2006 drama “Idlewild,” drew a litany of parallels between his script and the hit show with respect to characters, plot, mood and dialogue.

blackish11f-3-web.jpg

(Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Peabody Awards)
blackish11f-4-web.jpg

(Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Kenya Barris (l.) is accused by his former pal Bryan Barber (r.) of stealing the idea behind "Black-ish."

He further named “Black-ish” executive producer Larry Wilmore’s company, Wilmore Films, as well as Principato-Young Entertainment and Cinema Gypsy Productions, as defendants.

‘Black-ish’ creator: ‘I get so tired of talking about diversity’

A rep for Barris did not immediately return a Daily News request for comment.

“Black-ish,” which returns for its third season Sept. 21, is nominated for outstanding comedy series at this year’s Emmy Awards on Sept. 18. Stars Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross are also up for outstanding lead actor and actress.

Barris, meanwhile, signed a movie deal with 20th Century Fox earlier this week, Deadline reported at the time.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Question, Are we rockin with this thread for season 3

Or should I make a season 3 thread, I have a pretty cool title

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
‘Black-ish’ creator accused of stealing show idea in $1M suit

“Black-ish” isn’t just Emmy bait — it’s also lawsuit bait.

Kenya Barris, creator of the acclaimed ABC sitcom, has been hit with a $1 million suit by his former director pal for allegedly stealing the show idea, according to court documents obtained by Deadline.

Music video director Bryan Barber — who says he and the creator became college friends in 1996 and formed a partnership in 2006 — claimed in the papers Barris “hijacked” an untitled script they’d developed based on Barber’s own life.

“The Original Untitled Script was premised on Plaintiff’s idea for a television show about the black experience as seen through the lens of a successful, creative and affluent black man working in the predominantly white entertainment industry,” he wrote.

Anthony Anderson says Nate Parker is 'a good guy, great actor'

62 photos view gallery
2016 Primetime Emmy nominees

“Plaintiff’s idea was based on his own life experiences, which he had shared with Barris in confidence and with the understand that Plaintiff intended to exploit it commercially in partnership with Defendant Barris.”

Based on that script, he alleges, Barris wrote, developed and shopped around the “Black-ish” pilot unbeknownst to him sometime between the end of 2006 and September 2014.

Barber, who directed Terrence Howard’s 2006 drama “Idlewild,” drew a litany of parallels between his script and the hit show with respect to characters, plot, mood and dialogue.

blackish11f-3-web.jpg

(Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Peabody Awards)
blackish11f-4-web.jpg

(Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Kenya Barris (l.) is accused by his former pal Bryan Barber (r.) of stealing the idea behind "Black-ish."

He further named “Black-ish” executive producer Larry Wilmore’s company, Wilmore Films, as well as Principato-Young Entertainment and Cinema Gypsy Productions, as defendants.

‘Black-ish’ creator: ‘I get so tired of talking about diversity’

A rep for Barris did not immediately return a Daily News request for comment.

“Black-ish,” which returns for its third season Sept. 21, is nominated for outstanding comedy series at this year’s Emmy Awards on Sept. 18. Stars Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross are also up for outstanding lead actor and actress.

Barris, meanwhile, signed a movie deal with 20th Century Fox earlier this week, Deadline reported at the time.

Damn, I guess its true, there are no good successful people in hollywood

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
This show is so damn good for what it is

The fact that there is a much younger audience watching this is beautiful they do a good job with portraying the subtlties of some of the black experience and they always do it on time in seasons