"Abbott Elementary" TV comedy about a Philly public school

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Jacob is a sleeper character, he stays in fukkery :mjlol:. He consistently makes me laugh the most outside of Ava and the Janitor

Speaking of the Janitor, I cannot believe that shyt "sorry if you don't recognize me, I look different in my after hours attire :youngsabo:" this man put a leather fedora on with his custodial uniform :russ::russ:

"Greg" getting a reality check in the teachers lounge. This man was chugging Schweppes Ginger Ale and it altered his personality, he may be an unhinged psychopath :mjlol:

Damn Janine came off sad and pathetic here. I'm glad it worked out for her but can she get some wins and not be the blatant "loser" character for once :dead:. She sucks at dating, Didn't have too many good friends, and let's her personal life bleed into her work life too much. She stays on her Michael Scott shyt :deadmanny:

I don't feel one bit sorry for Ava. If I was the superintendent I wouldn't have told her shyt and let her show up to the board meeting like a complete flop :umad:.

Only thing I don't like too much about this show is Gregory's story arc. To be a school principal he would have had to have hundreds of classroom hours and some experience as assistant principal for a few years. At least it's that way here. They played him as too aloof when it comes to teaching/admin just so they could build the character arc
You don't need that much here. There's a few routes you can take but
  • Holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college/university.

• Satisfies the requirements set forth in section 24 P.S. § 12-1209 relating to good moral character.

• Provides verification of three years of relevant professional experience. For the purpose of this section, relevant professional experience is “professional experience in an educational setting that is related to the instructional process.”

• Completes a Pennsylvania-approved, graduate-level principal certification program that includes an internship/practicum or an equivalent out-of-state program. A 3.0 program Grade Point Average (GPA) is required.

• Provides evidence of satisfactory achievement on the Pennsylvania required test.
I like Greg's arc though. He's gonna go from "just a sub" putting in apps to be a principal, to becoming engrained in the teaching culture or that school.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
You don't need that much here. There's a few routes you can take but
  • Holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college/university.

• Satisfies the requirements set forth in section 24 P.S. § 12-1209 relating to good moral character.

• Provides verification of three years of relevant professional experience. For the purpose of this section, relevant professional experience is “professional experience in an educational setting that is related to the instructional process.”

• Completes a Pennsylvania-approved, graduate-level principal certification program that includes an internship/practicum or an equivalent out-of-state program. A 3.0 program Grade Point Average (GPA) is required.

• Provides evidence of satisfactory achievement on the Pennsylvania required test.
I like Greg's arc though. He's gonna go from "just a sub" putting in apps to be a principal, to becoming engrained in the teaching culture or that school.

That's what I'm saying though the practicum is classroom and school experience. So he would have had to do that beforehand.

Hes bummed out he got passed over for his ideal job but they made him a bit too "here so I won't get fined" in his approaches to teaching

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A deep cut, but Barbara's husband who came and brought her lunch in one of the early episodes was a lawyer in the early seasons of the original Law & Order. He also played the deadbeat brother in Being Mary Jane

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That's what I'm saying though the practicum is classroom and school experience. So he would have had to do that beforehand.

Hes bummed out he got passed over for his ideal job but they made him a bit too "here so I won't get fined" in his approaches to teaching

He's had experience. He's just new there as the sub. Ava been in that position at least 2 years, since Janine is in Year 2, and it's implied she was the principal there before Janine started. If she beat him out, he's probably been teaching at least 4-5 years, and just felt he'd be better as a principal. He only needed 3 to apply for principal.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
He's had experience. He's just new there as the sub. Ava been in that position at least 2 years, since Janine is in Year 2, and it's implied she was the principal there before Janine started. If she beat him out, he's probably been teaching at least 4-5 years, and just felt he'd be better as a principal. He only needed 3 to apply for principal.

good point i just feel in order to have "growth" in his character arc they made him a bit lackadaisical in his approach which to me feels opposite to everything we know about him so far. but he could have been at different schools, so used to using different approaches with those kids :ehh:

i like your post it actually makes me rethink my stance here and it is why he is acting bummy just bc he didnt get the admin job. :salute: