Aaron Sorkin shocked to learn that Black people and women have a tougher time in Hollywood

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Your only other option costs a lot of money breh $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
You would literally have to create like at least 6 episodes (ALL professionally done)
Post them on Youtube (at the highest quality)
Pray the people love it and you get 100,000-1,000,000 plays or 30,000-100,000 followers within say a year.(or cheat and pay for the views/followers which is even more $$$$$$$)
Then Netflix,Hulu them will start going :whoo:at you and you can get a good deal because you have proven success

I know breh... nothing comes cheap...:sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying their ignorant or not knowing what theyre doing. but damned the system is stacked against me... It's stacked against alot of us because they remain in control....:francis: I hope to create my own show one day without any hollywood help but damn man...

they never gonna give up that control, you just gotta stop fukking with them and grind out your own lane

this is the best time to do it, hollywood is a dying industry anyway, when spielburg and lucas give up, you know it's a wrap

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
This reads like sarcasm and it's annoying me. It feels like he's pretending to be ignorant.
"Are you saying black people have it harder in this industry? :ohhh:Hollywood has a diversity problem? :ohhh: They don't get as many chances? :ohhh:"

I'm not falling for it. This dude lives in a bubble by choice.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
This reads like sarcasm and it's annoying me. It feels like he's pretending to be ignorant.
"Are you saying black people have it harder in this industry? :ohhh:Hollywood has a diversity problem? :ohhh: They don't get as many chances? :ohhh:"

I agree..

dude isn't ignorant and I do sense the sarcasm.

Black folk are never gonna get that type of shine in hollywood. It should be very obvious now what we really need to do. But well folk don't want their own damn table...

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
At first I thought he was being sincere, but now I see where folks are sensing the sarcasm and the subsequent Q's might have been some trolling shyt. White folks do shyt like this to entertain themselves all the time. This dude has been in Hollywood for years, lack of diversity in Hollywood has been a topic of discussion even WITHIN his circle. Therefore I'm not buying the "bubble" argument he was just lowkey trolling....as someone who likes to troll from time to time that shyt was very well executed. :ehh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
At first I thought he was being sincere, but now I see where folks are sensing the sarcasm and the subsequent Q's might have been some trolling shyt. White folks do shyt like this to entertain themselves all the time. This dude has been in Hollywood for years, lack of diversity in Hollywood has been a topic of discussion even WITHIN his circle. Therefore I'm not buying the "bubble" argument he was just lowkey trolling....as someone who likes to troll from time to time that shyt was very well executed. :ehh:

I thought it was the other way around. The first question sounds sarcastic, but the way he apparently followed up on it makes it seem like he was serious.

Cat Lady ☆

Feral
Daps

Glad I'm not the only one.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I'll do you one better. More than likely, Sorkin moves between NY and LA a lot right. So what I imagine is that a lot of white people with this view of a perfectly diverse US believe so because they live in cities/towns with relatively large minority populations. But when you dig a bit deeper they only commute with, or watch sports in the same large venues, or shop in the same grocery stores as other minorities. They're not actually INTERACTING with these minority populations. They're not holding conversations with them. They don't have anything but superficial relations with "others".

So for them, they're like completely surprised that people they come across on a daily basis have completely different interpretations of the world.

this is LA/Hollywood in a nutshell. NY not so much. These CACs dont actually interact with minorities, on top of the fact that it is segregated like a mufukka, even though its "diverse"

@Klarifeye The Great i'm from cleveland, heavy black population, when i moved to LA i was :mindblown: when i would go days without seeing another black person. not saying there arent any black folk, but it aint like, detroit and cleveland.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
this is LA/Hollywood in a nutshell. NY not so much. These CACs dont actually interact with minorities, on top of the fact that it is segregated like a mufukka, even though its "diverse"

@Klarifeye The Great i'm from cleveland, heavy black population, when i moved to LA i was :mindblown: when i would go days without seeing another black person. not saying there arent any black folk, but it aint like, detroit and cleveland.

Exactly, the shyt is bizarre. Ever had the off moment with a new nikka you done met in a new situation/town and you wanna hit him with the lingo but dude is in the Sunken Place?

:damn: that shyt hurts

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
they never gonna give up that control, you just gotta stop fukking with them and grind out your own lane

this is the best time to do it, hollywood is a dying industry anyway, when spielburg and lucas give up, you know it's a wrap

I can't believe Disney brought his whole shyt for $4 Billy... :whew:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Consciousness bubbles are real. I grew up in Detroit...I get uncomfortable when I don't see Black or Arab people for a while when I'm out of town.

I legit was in Pittsburgh for a conference last year, went out and had to remind myself that the USA isn't 82% black people. Now extrapolate that not by a city but by a whole country. Certain people can go YEARS and not really interface with minorities on a non-passing level.
Breh

60% of black ppl r concentrated in the South and we're stuck outta the hugh tax brackets.

It's way more than just "certain" ewhite ppl--its a lot. I read a vox.com article that said 70% of white have only intraracial relationships.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Exactly, the shyt is bizarre. Ever had the off moment with a new nikka you done met in a new situation/town and you wanna hit him with the lingo but dude is in the Sunken Place?

:damn: that shyt hurts
ALL THE TIME! even just a little "head nod" black man acknowledgment. they be looking at you like you crazy :mjcry: