Aaron Sorkin shocked to learn that Black people and women have a tougher time in Hollywood

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
70189901.jpg

landscape-1467122544-thewestwing.jpg

0766a51adcf0b04faccde884456f90f0.jpg

the-social-network-critics-awards.jpg

b6c03acc63be0eb57c4293615698a8d7.jpg

I mean, you dont know there is a problem when you are the problem. And most black filmmakers and directors careers wouldve been over after sports night.
aaron sorkin looked around his writer's room, producers, directors, cameramen, studio heads, etc and never thought anything was strange about them being lily white and 90% male

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
which is the problem. you then judge people by the bullshyt you see in the media (TV, internet, music, radio, etc.) which purposely aimed at securing ratings by any means necessary.

people who actually interact with individuals outside their bubble (that goes for all races) tend to be like :ohhh:

Yeah, I mean its not a culture shock thing to me. I grew up around different cultures, but as I got older Detroit got more black/arab. But the media agenda setting is SUPER real. I grew my hair out and literally every on was like "aww damn the Weeknd" because white folks (and many nikkas) were so blinded by mass media they literally never seen anyone with free dreads.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Just lost a lot of respect I had for him. I won't be supporting any of his work going forward.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, I mean its not a culture shock thing to me. I grew up around different cultures, but as I got older Detroit got more black/arab. But the media agenda setting is SUPER real. I grew my hair out and literally every on was like "aww damn the Weeknd" because white folks (and many nikkas) were so blinded by mass media they literally never seen anyone with free dreads.

Church

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
I thought he was being facetious, but apparently, he's serious. Not surprised. I don't watch his shows for a reason, mainly he's too damn pretentious.

Also, I wish they would stop saying black people and women. Because if that "women" means white women, that is a continuing of the problem. White women are not suffering in Hollywood.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@MartyMcFly still dodging this thread, I see. I guess taking a stand against racism and white privilege in the entertainment industry only goes so far when it involves your white hero.:sas2:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:

I'm not buying that the guy is that stupid. No one is that stupid. Its blatant at this point, everyone knows this, hell Academy awards even had to give Moonlight the Oscar this year so the industry can try and save face after last years all white oscars fiasco, has he been living under a rock? Nah, you aint slick Aaron Sorkin. You just didnt want to comment on it truthfully and offend your white friends.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Man I have little to NO hope of ever getting my ideas made into film or tv in hollywood. it's this exact bullshyt I've been talking about for ages... these people live in these bubbles for real...:wtf: :snoop: Luckily someone takes a chance on it with the internet, netflix, hulu, amazon shyt like that...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I have little to NO hope of ever getting my ideas made into film or tv in hollywood. it's this exact bullshyt I've been talking about for ages... these people live in these bubbles for real...:wtf: :snoop: Luckily someone takes a chance on it with the internet, netflix, hulu, amazon shyt like that...

lmao keep thinking these people are ignorant and don't know what they are doing

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
lmao keep thinking these people are ignorant and don't know what they are doing

I'm not saying their ignorant or not knowing what theyre doing. but damned the system is stacked against me... It's stacked against alot of us because they remain in control....:francis: I hope to create my own show one day without any hollywood help but damn man...

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Keep pushing man

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying their ignorant or not knowing what theyre doing. but damned the system is stacked against me... It's stacked against alot of us because they remain in control....:francis: I hope to create my own show one day without any hollywood help but damn man...

Your only other option costs a lot of money breh $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
You would literally have to create like at least 6 episodes (ALL professionally done)
Post them on Youtube (at the highest quality)
Pray the people love it and you get 100,000-1,000,000 plays or 30,000-100,000 followers within say a year.(or cheat and pay for the views/followers which is even more $$$$$$$)
Then Netflix,Hulu them will start going :whoo:at you and you can get a good deal because you have proven success