A turn based Marvel X-Com game is coming out *confirmed*

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
my hype went down a notch when they said "Avengers" :francis:

Can be dope if its not the movies line up of avengers.

ANAD-Avengers.0.jpg

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Marvel XCOM game will reportedly let players make their own superheroes | VGC

“The reason that it might still be [considered] a new property even though it’s a Marvel thing is that… this is not going to pick up any existing franchise in the [Marvel Cinematic Universe], it’s not even going to be existing characters,” Grubb said.

“So it’s not going to have any existing MCU characters, but it should take place in the wider universe.”

He added: “The game is going to focus on the supernatural elements of the Marvel universe,” he said. “I don’t know if that necessarily means like Blade, but I do think there will be vampires in it, and I don’t know if it means mystical Marvel [characters]… but I think you might see enemies of that type that you’re fighting.”

The journalist went on to claim that the title would allow players to customise a team of superheroes, similarly to how players can customise their squad in the XCOM games.

“I do think that the character that you’re playing will be a customisable superhero, or at least the team might be customisable, so it’s still going to have XCOM in that way, but that’s why it’s not going to be taking place in any existing lineage of franchises. So I guess they might consider this a new property.”

I know nikkas gonna be tight it ain’t gonna be wolverine and shyt but i like this idea

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is all I’ve fukking wanted from a game. A tactical RPG where you can create heroes with super powers. I don’t even need for it to be in a comic universe but this makes me super happy.

Same, only thing that could make it better is if Larian was making it and it was a proper full scale rpg, but I’m hype for this. x-com is the game that got me into tactical isometric games (outside of FFT)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Absolutely trash if so, don't use the marvel license if you just wanna make a super powered xcom game

to me it just doesn’t make sense to use names heroes for an xcom game. The point is your supposed to be able to put together a squad have them be able to die and bring in more.

it just doesn’t make sense to have marvel heroes that
You can’t really customize or have them get killed in battle.

in cool with marvel comic universe and cameos but I’m good in more avengers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Best storyline would be you are a rebel faction of mutants in the days of future past timeline.