A thread on macrumors.com when the first iPod was released in 2001.

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
those wolfson dacs

:banderas:

i need to get my fifth gen video ipod repaired, smartphone sound quality really pales in comparison

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You're an idiot.... what brought apple back to relevance was quality. Those old iphones came with a

USB/WiFi cable with dock
2 Headphones
Wall charger

I was an early adopter and swore by their quality but I had also bought and returned a bunch of other mp3 players trying to find the best one and kept coming back to apple because the sound quality was unmatched. It wasn't marketing or fanboy shyt, I did research. They also had/have a great warranty for products.

Fast forward to now and I haven't fukked with and iPhone since 3g. They are good phones but unlike with the iPod situation they are not the best and the truth is there are tons of viable options. The phone market is wide open.

you gotta put me on to this

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Sounds very revolutionary to me.
mad.gif

hey - heres an idea Apple - rather than enter the world of gimmicks and toys, why dont you spend a little more time sorting out your pathetically expensive and crap server line up?
mad.gif

or are you really aiming to become a glorified consumer gimmicks firm?
mad.gif

user_offline.gif

:banderas: can't wait to up all these xbox 1 threads in 6 years from now

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
same exact thing happened when the original iphone rumors started...I remember people constantly saying a touchscreen phone would NEVER work. :heh:

Guilty as charged :sadcam:

Still miss my Blackberry sometimes.....but now it's Droid Gang :birdman:

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
http://www.macrumors.com/2001/10/23/apples-new-thing-ipod/

155 months ago
We live in the YEAR 2001... not 6000 years from now when ridiculously awsome technology will exist. No other mp3 player has a harddrive like this... 5gigs... fukk yeah. A rio of the same size offers 64megs. Jesum Crow, get over your moping.. .this is revolutionary.... plus it's just the beggining. This device litterally bests anything on the market by about 100x

Dude knew what was up :wow:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Dragging and dropping sucks for MP3s
Lmao google music is way better... Real time updating on my phone without having to connect to a computer. I can and do download albums and play them right away... Something so simple but hard for istans lol.

Having access to all my music from anywhere I can go online without needing a mp3 device.
you gotta put me on to this

:snoop: my bad
Should say firewire

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:camby:

expandable and transferrable memory>>>>>

when i get a new phone that seamless transition is :wow:

sometimes I wish I could use my phone as a USB drive but it doesn't bother me that much. I hated the idea of using Itunes at first but now I cant live without it. Its by far the best way to organize your music if you're an audiophile. Most android users dont care about music that much (I rarely see them with headphones on) . If music wasnt important to me I would definitely use an android.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
sometimes I wish I could use my phone as a USB drive but it doesn't bother me that much. I hated the idea of using Itunes at first but now I cant live without it. Its by far the best way to organize your music if you're an audiophile. Most android users dont care about music that much (I rarely see them with headphones on) . If music wasnt important to me I would definitely use an android.

iphone=audiophile? :rudy: a lot of the tracks on my sd card are mp4's. and the music player on the iphone is the same as on any andriod except we can get more types of audio files :heh: i do like the auto sync to itunes though

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
iphone=audiophile? :rudy: a lot of the tracks on my sd card are mp4's. and the music player on the iphone is the same as on any andriod except we can get more types of audio files :heh: i do like the auto sync to itunes though

Audiophiles do use iphones and itunes as opposed to random android devices and whatever software it uses, im guessing win amp.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Absolutely not true my music is organized and available in the clouds and I can edit info and album art from any computer browser not my personal iTunes only. Stream my music on any Android device by login into the music app And download and add/listen to albums without having to go to iTunes on a computer first. There is no comparison. This whole experience as a music fan is amazing and way beyond iTunes capabilities.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

I require more control over my music and tags than iTunes affords. I'm damn near compulsive about it, that's why it's never worked for me. I Really only installed it time and time again cause I liked Cover Flow or wanted to update an old ipod or something someone would bring me.

The bolded did make me laugh though. Dapped for that

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Guilty as charged :sadcam:

Still miss my Blackberry sometimes.....but now it's Droid Gang :birdman:

You weren't alone though...it was a pretty radical idea. I remember when the pics started floating around the internet I thought they were fake.
Like "this supposed to be a phone? where the buttons at?" :leostare: I thought Apple was trollin' everybody.