A thread on macrumors.com when the first iPod was released in 2001.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Actually, no real reason anymore. Back then the anti-apple campaign was on and poppin because they charged to DAMN much and it was cool to hate. Plus I didnt want to install a program just so I can transfer music using exployer was the way to go.

Now, I have no real reason ... I'll be 40 tomorrow, I'm paying for programs now .... hell, might as well install itunes .... maybe i'll put it on the laptop or their PC ... it still not going on the HTPC or my main PC...

so what happened with the ipods? shoulda at least sold them and bought them something else

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I had an Archos jukebox ... that thing was wonderful. 250GBs.. and drag and drop file addition .... I stil dont have an ipod because I refuse to install iTunes.
My sister bought my 2 daughters a iPod for Xmas and my wife bought herself an ipod touch ,.. To this day they still have 0000000 songs because I refuse to install iTunes... LOL
:dahell:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
so what happened with the ipods? shoulda at least sold them and bought them something else

They in the house... they get charged .... then they slowly discharge .... then they get charged again ... They get charged using the wall plug ... I didnt even use the USB .. LOL

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
SO ... honestly and no fan boy bashing ... Can I get a quick comparison on Itunes vs Windows Media Player

From a person who used to use WMP heavy in the mid 2000's until late 2000's (desktop), I switched to itunes when I got my laptop back in 2010 and I gotta say itunes>>>>>. Just the aesthetics and how the interface is organized is so much better to me. Id say that's the only difference (that I care for)

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear by my macbook pro and ipod but my phones are android and my tablets.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Actually, no real reason anymore. Back then the anti-apple campaign was on and poppin because they charged to DAMN much and it was cool to hate. Plus I didnt want to install a program just so I can transfer music so using exployer was the way to go.

Now, I have no real reason ... I'll be 40 tomorrow, I'm paying for programs now .... hell, might as well install itunes .... maybe i'll put it on the laptop or their PC ... it still not going on the HTPC or my main PC...
brah u know u can use ipods with itunes right......u can use media monkey, u serious never googled that

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
SO ... honestly and no fan boy bashing ... Can I get a quick comparison on Itunes vs Windows Media Player

And from a person who has used both extensively over the years, find something else. They both suck. On Windows, for Itunes, anyway. Never used it on a Mac.

I honestly think that MS should replace WMP with Zune. shyt is beautiful and if they added advanced tagging options it would be quite nice. It would also give people a chance to buy music from their marketplace.

Edit: Just realized that the marketplace might be the reason. I'm assuming that it'd cause the same antitrust issues that IE did.

Last edited:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
This isn't revoltionary!
I still can't believe this! All this hype for something so ridiculous! Who cares about an MP3 player? I want something new! I want them to think differently!
Why oh why would they do this?! It's so wrong! It's so stupid!

:wow: I need to start viewing forums like this just so I'll know what to buy

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
brah u know u can use ipods with itunes right......u can use media monkey, u serious never googled that
Seriously, I didnt know that. I used to use musicmatch then when yahoo bought them they fizzled out. I used winamp for awhile and wmp. I tried j river but never liked it. I only used winamp because thats what was needed to use xlobby.

I'm googling mediamonkey now ... thanks for the tip

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Dragging and dropping sucks for MP3s

Itunes >*

I listen to music all day and Itunes is what will keep me with Team Jobs for life.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how technology advanced over the last 12 years.