A Sony patent suggests older PS1, PS2, and PS3 games could be backwards compatible via the cloud.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If you don't own the game, PS NOW is a good option

With BC, if you own it from an older system it will run on the newer joint.

are you saying.. you insert the old disc in the machine. the ps5 identifies the game then goes to the cloud and allow you play a "streamed" version...

so its ps now for games you own

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
are you saying.. you insert the old disc in the machine. the ps5 identifies the game then goes to the cloud and allow you play a "streamed" version...

so its ps now for games you own

But if you have the digital ps5 and own older ps1-ps3 discs, I don't know how that would work

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Oh, so now the coli wants to talk about the cloud :bryan: well let's cut the bullshyt...
They’re gonna need to step up their infrastructure if this is their answer to backwards compatibility. I’ve streamed games through PSNow and PS Remote Play and it’s super spotty compared to stadia without even hitting the highest resolutions. That being said, It does make sense and would be very viable if executed properly:ehh:
Oh they now got the best infrastructure in the business for this sort of thing :manny:
Cloud Strife.

This sounds like some PlayStation now shyt
Why you playing dumb like you don't know what this is :umad:
Imagine having your entire PS collection on one console :wow:
Why imagine, get an xbox :dahell: all those games went multiplat, so if you want ray traced hdr in dark stalkers? Series x can do that for you. I got 600 games on my xbox at the moment my nikka, greener side ftw...
cloud...wonder if this is what they had to see MS about
I wonder if Sony gamers have been playing dumb and bashing anyone who reads and provides evidence...

Microsoft, Sony team up to improve cloud-based video games

And yet they'll still wonder :snoop:
Hang on though :patrice:. Wasn't stans just talmbout why get a new console to play old games not too long ago? Something is fishy around here...
:francis:
If you don't own the game, PS NOW is a good option

With BC, if you own it from an older system it will run on the newer joint.
:laff:
This is an old patent that almost certainly has nothing to do with anything.
:bryan: see what I'm talking bout @Hi-Fi