A Sony patent suggests older PS1, PS2, and PS3 games could be backwards compatible via the cloud.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They’re gonna need to step up their infrastructure if this is their answer to backwards compatibility. I’ve streamed games through PSNow and PS Remote Play and it’s super spotty compared to stadia without even hitting the highest resolutions. That being said, It does make sense and would be very viable if executed properly:ehh:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Dream like scenario the PS5 burns your copy of ps1/2/3 games onto it's hard drive after a download process. Afterwards you can remove the disc and it's installed onto the PS5, making it a digital game. Would be :wow::wow::wow::wow:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Dream like scenario the PS5 burns your copy of ps1/2/3 games onto it's hard drive after a download process. Afterwards you can remove the disc and it's installed onto the PS5, making it a digital game. Would be :wow::wow::wow::wow:

that would be dope. I helped my mom move last weekend and I found all type of ps1 games. :noah:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's just a digital download lol. Basically downloaded games like PS Now. You can already do that with some PS2 games.