A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
New chapter, I could pretend it means he's coming close to finishing but it most likely means he's still a long time away from being done:francis: I read it immediately but I can't pretend these excerpts hype me up anymore

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
On one hand I'm excited for another preview, but on the other hand :martin: fukk a chapter b I want the whole book or nothing at all.

But still :blessed: it's been so long since we had anything new at all.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I stopped reading the leaked chapters because I want more book to read when it does finally drop since I'll have something like 10 years to wait for more...but then again by the time the book drops I'll probably have forgotten the chapters. Maybe I'll peep this new one.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i'll never get over not seeing arianne and them making the sand snakes any less than 11.5s/10 :stopitslime:

refresh my memory brehs, are we getting stoneheart on tv or not? arya will be in the riverlands this season, right? does that mean she'll meet her mom again or that they'll collapse stoneheart's vengeance into arya's storyline?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Retrospect? It was stupid at the time. She seemed like a perfect TV character. She was a dime piece, was seducing a Kings Guard and was scheming against her pops.

For the sake of not adding EVEN more characters to an already bloated cast, I saw the reasoning behind just having the sand snakes to her job. But the Oakheart storyline was actually one of the better points of Book 4.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
For the sake of not adding EVEN more characters to an already bloated cast, I saw the reasoning behind just having the sand snakes to her job. But the Oakheart storyline was actually one of the better points of Book 4.

Right but instead of cutting her they could've actually cut the sandsnakes or at least made her the driving point behind that plot. It's probably hindsight because I wanted to see the sand snakes, they just messed it up

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Right but instead of cutting her they could've actually cut the sandsnakes or at least made her the driving point behind that plot. It's probably hindsight because I wanted to see the sand snakes, they just messed it up

I wanted to see them too. Ask cats like @horse. kills I was hype off it for sure. But its been bungled.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Was talking to a coworker trying to figure out a list of things the show has basically confirmed

Jon Snow lives/is resurrected - pretty obvious it would happen, but still confirmed it
Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter - I think last ep seals it wasn't Stannis/Mance/etc.:yeshrug:

Dany takes over Kahl Jhaqo's khalasar and probably others - writing was on the wall and the show confirmed it

Tyrion becomes Dany's top advisor/likely Hand of the Queen - basically confirmed last season. Tyrion in Meereen is more or less Tyrion in King's Landing circa season 2

*edit*

Ramsay takes out Roose - clear one of them was taking out the other at some point

Euron was responsible for Balon's death - very obvious, but straight showed it

They're also telegraphing this Hound/Mountain fight pretty hard. Not even bothering calling Ser Robert Strong by the fake name and just straight acknowledging him as reanimated Gregor. The Waif in the House of Black & White asking Arya what happened to the Hound.... doubt that was a throwaway line. Mountain vs. Hound ep 8, 9 or 10 I'll bet ten stacks of Coli Cash

If Troll R.R. Martin is never going to finish the books at least we're getting answers in some fashion :feedme:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Should've cut Ellaria and sent Arianne to Kings Landing with Oberyn.