A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Rhaegar is one of the most noblest characters in the series. I truthfully believe Rhaegar didn't even want to fight Robert and the Stark-Tully-Baratheon-Arryn armies. If Robert wasn't so angry about his precious Lyanna being "stolen" away, a compromise could have been reached. Aerys could have been deposed. Rhaegar could have been King. Peace could have been restored. Rhaegar was working with knowledge everyone else wasn't, or would never believe. He was doing something to protect all of Westeros, even Robert. He knew keeping Lyanna would cause a war that would destabilize the kingdom but, if he didn't follow the prophecy, another war would cause its total destruction.....everybody dead.

tumblr_ne6eid5Vkr1qc8n39o1_400.png

Now exactly as he predicted, 20 odd years later, his son is staring the devil himself in the face. Staring at Hell itself.

When the series is all said and done, Rhaegar will be remembered for sacrificing his life to give birth to the Prince that was Promised, and Robert will be remembered for dying a fat slobbering drunk who couldn't see his wife was fukking her own brother.

mad king killed two starks, ain't no way a compromise is happening. yaw can twist it how you want about Robert, we all know what happened on the trident . :sas1:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
mad king killed two starks, ain't no way a compromise is happening. yaw can twist it how you want about Robert, we all know what happened on the trident . :sas1:

I know....I was being optimistic. Somebody had to die at that point :mjcry:

Who cares about Robert? History will not be kind to him in Westeros.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Rhaegar is one of the most noblest characters in the series. I truthfully believe Rhaegar didn't even want to fight Robert and the Stark-Tully-Baratheon-Arryn armies. If Robert wasn't so angry about his precious Lyanna being "stolen" away, a compromise could have been reached. Aerys could have been deposed. Rhaegar could have been King. Peace could have been restored. Rhaegar was working with knowledge everyone else wasn't, or would never believe. He was doing something to protect all of Westeros, even Robert. He knew keeping Lyanna would cause a war that would destabilize the kingdom but, if he didn't follow the prophecy, another war would cause its total destruction.....everybody dead.

tumblr_ne6eid5Vkr1qc8n39o1_400.png

Now exactly as he predicted, 20 odd years later, his son is staring the devil himself in the face. Staring at Hell itself.

When the series is all said and done, Rhaegar will be remembered for sacrificing his life to give birth to the Prince that was Promised, and Robert will be remembered for dying a fat slobbering drunk who couldn't see his wife was fukking her own brother.

but he got clapped on the trident and that was the end of is chapter:dahell:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps

Robert was a cuckold that raised psychotic incest babies while his biological children were orphans, prostitutes, and starving to death in the same city he lived in. There's a STRONG chance that no more Baratheons are sitting the Iron Throne. 16 year dynasty. What a legacy :mjlol:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Robert was a cuckold that raised psychotic incest babies while his biological children were orphans, prostitutes, and starving to death in the same city he lived in. There's a STRONG chance that no more Baratheons are sitting the Iron Throne. 16 year dynasty. What a legacy :mjlol:

Baratheons stopped sitting on the Iron Throne when Robert died. Let's be real.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

His death is meaningless. He did what he had to in order to fulfill the prophecy. He sacrificed comfort, peace, marriage, status and put himself in harm's way for it. The realm was doomed if he didn't.

It's all over the damn books. What are you cats reading?

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Every time I get a notification for this thread I open it anticipating a release date for the next book. :mjcry:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Every time I get a notification for this thread I open it anticipating a release date for the next book. :mjcry:
About 6 months ago I whispered the name "Rhaegar Targaryen" into the wind and this thread has been flames ever since

Before that it was just pages and pages of people spouting fury at GRRM for being fat

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
stannis still around :sas2:
His death is meaningless. He did what he had to in order to fulfill the prophecy. He sacrificed comfort, peace, marriage, status and put himself in harm's way for it. The realm was doomed if he didn't.

It's all over the damn books. What are you cats reading?

starting a civil war didnt doom the realm:dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
EGG took the prophecy and set it all in motion

AERYS started the war

NOTHING about the prophecy required a self sacrifice among any involved parties

RHAEGAR is no more important or necessary to the prophecy than his father or grandfather or great grandfather or Lyannas father or grandfather or great great great great grandfather

RHAEGAR was just a piece of the puzzle who fought valiantly, who fought honorably, and who DIED LIKE A bytch at the Trident needlessly

Stop martyring him

Please tell me where I am wrong. I will wait

:old: