A sincere thank you to The Coli **Free Daps and Reps**

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I read your entire post wanted really dap you from your story.
DCIDD89Y.gif

It's always good to see a person come nothing to #Excellence.:wow:
Congrats breh, you winning at life right now.
gtXtnuXU.gif

Ello_Vee

Pro
Daps
I know God is tired of hearing me say thank you :wow:
Nah, keep saying, He'll keep sending!!
So proud to read this story. Especially connected to the grandpa bit. My grandpa would say "Persist and persevere." Thank you grandpas in heaven!!

If you wanna get in security, get your security+ now then cissp whenever you qualify. Once you get your cissp you're pretty much guaranteed 100k minimum for the rest of your career. Make a plan, figure out where you wanna specialize, and bust your ass for a couple years. Before you know it you'll be turning down jobs paying $70/hr because you don't wanna add an extra 10 minutes to your commute :whew:

@bdizzle is right about this ^^. He's basically talking about my sister (with a different cert.) She's swimming in option$.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Breh you're in one of the highest paid industries in the country right now. 70k isn't being realistic, it's under achieving. I hit 70k with just 4 years of experience (and I took a year off just to party and travel).

Like I say in the IT thread, if you really about your paper, 500k is very realistic. The hardest part was getting your first job, stay focused in y'all be swimming in pawgs before you know it :blessed:
:stopitslime:
Damn breh, let the man live. 70k is more than great for someone fresh out the gate in his position. Let him have his moment. Who gives a fukk what you're making right now. Why you telling a nikka, who finally is happy, that he need to do better, 500k and all that bullshyt....

Anyway congrats Op, keep it up. Wish you the best in life
:salute:

Dixon Cider

Doing numbers and breaking stan hearts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Coli Suburbs
Good job.

Chick asked me other day what my goals were, didn't really
Have a good answer and didn't want to lie to her and it's not that I never thought or think about it it's that right now in life I'm trying just to make it financially and make sure I have food and my bills paid even though I'm making decent money i'm still new to this job after bouncing around all year because im
Getting fired. I know somehing good will
Happen and i make effort to grow always. Biggest issue is me having a background closes lots of doors even though I have finessed my way through some doors. On the surface... im
Healthy,in shape,have hobbies stay active, have a crib- i pull very attractive females but that doesn't last long after we fukk a few times they weird out and so im waiting to clean my record next year when im eligible should be more options for me. I still do pretty good even taking L's after L's sill
Manage to have a nice life, keep my hair cut frequently ride nice and yet the void missing is a strong relationship. Which I think im close to when I really vibe out heavy with a chick that makes me think it could work but the more time passes the bullshyt comes out doesnt mattee what i do different this happens... think I should wait until the chick is my girlfriend before having sex that way it's been a long time coming instead of fukking too early on... but if she doesnt fukk me she will fukk the next man? Maybe a chick will wait and ill for sure wait for the chick but how can I be sure she won't leave because im not trying to throw dikk... that in itsself can cause her to become less interested or even more interested... idk but if you a non felon... life should be pretty easy for you. As balanced as I am and thirsty to learn and things I do know... i'm still with odds against me and I keep pushing because I can deal with life.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Damn breh, let the man live. 70k is more than great for someone fresh out the gate in his position. Let him have his moment. Who gives a fukk what you're making right now. Why you telling a nikka, who finally is happy, that he need to do better, 500k and all that bullshyt....

Because once you get content then you've already lost

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Beautiful story

Name of the company @Afro :feedme:

I would, but there is only one IT team for the whole business. Three dudes (including me) vs 200 employees :damn:

But if the other branches start getting their own IT dudes/ hiring, I will let The Coli know :obama:.

Just know the company is owned by an investment group and the CEO of our business stops in the office to say hi :dame:

Dam this is mad motivational, too bad I can never achieve anything like this :francis:

I used to say this to myself on the daily. Look for why you want to wake up in the morning.

Your talking to a guy who graduated with a 2.7 GPA in high school .

I'm sitting next to a guy with a four year degree :dame:

@Afro

Hey the keto diet should help with your mother's seizures

New Study Validates Ketogenic Diet for Epilepsy Treatment in Adults

I will look this up man, good looking out.

Was :salute: the entire story

Til the part where you talked about how proud your parents are you got that job. Someone started cutting onions in the next room or some shyt when i read that :mjcry: :wow:

Aint nothing like a parents support :wow: shyt will make you go harder in life

My dad is a psychologist and he leads a few groups at a facility. He said that he told my story to at least 30-40 people and got a standing ovation :wow:

He told it to give an example of perseverance :wow:

Damn real shyt my nikka.. just motivated me to step it up some more

I wanted this reaction more than anything really. In my daily life I didn't see too much uplifting stuff so I wanted to be able to fill that void. I hope you find your meaning in life :blessed:

Good job.

Chick asked me other day what my goals were, didn't really
Have a good answer and didn't want to lie to her and it's not that I never thought or think about it it's that right now in life I'm trying just to make it financially and make sure I have food and my bills paid even though I'm making decent money i'm still new to this job after bouncing around all year because im
Getting fired. I know somehing good will
Happen and i make effort to grow always. Biggest issue is me having a background closes lots of doors even though I have finessed my way through some doors. On the surface... im
Healthy,in shape,have hobbies stay active, have a crib- i pull very attractive females but that doesn't last long after we fukk a few times they weird out and so im waiting to clean my record next year when im eligible should be more options for me. I still do pretty good even taking L's after L's sill
Manage to have a nice life, keep my hair cut frequently ride nice and yet the void missing is a strong relationship. Which I think im close to when I really vibe out heavy with a chick that makes me think it could work but the more time passes the bullshyt comes out doesnt mattee what i do different this happens... think I should wait until the chick is my girlfriend before having sex that way it's been a long time coming instead of fukking too early on... but if she doesnt fukk me she will fukk the next man? Maybe a chick will wait and ill for sure wait for the chick but how can I be sure she won't leave because im not trying to throw dikk... that in itsself can cause her to become less interested or even more interested... idk but if you a non felon... life should be pretty easy for you. As balanced as I am and thirsty to learn and things I do know... i'm still with odds against me and I keep pushing because I can deal with life.

I cut women off for the last few years to be honest. I didn't know what I wanted and I didn't know myself so I kept a lot of distance. Did I want sex,relationships,kids, etc? You damn right I did.

But it would have been self destructive at the end of the day for myself. So I took all the time and focus and only put it on me.

I would say life is easier without a record, but that wouldn't be completely true. We really just have different set of problems. Sounds like you never let your past stop you from achieving what you wanted out of life and that's a unique kind of courage man. Doubt is dangerous as hell and record or not, I'm still fighting myself every single day. I don't want to go back to the old me.

I had to let go of 16+ years of pure rage. It's a process not an event. Your doing you best :jawalrus:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

Because once you get content then you've already lost

I wasn't insulted by what @bdizzle said at all.

I was once content with making $10/hr. But deep down, I knew it wasn't enough. I was always afraid of trying to achieve more because then you have a lot more to lose.

So fear kept me complacent. They don't want me losing sight of the fact that there is no limit to what I make financially and I respect how candid they are :yeshrug:

I'll celebrate now, then hit the books in a few months. It's all good brehs I feel the love :blessed:

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Nah, keep saying, He'll keep sending!!
So proud to read this story. Especially connected to the grandpa bit. My grandpa would say "Persist and persevere." Thank you grandpas in heaven!!

I spoke at his funeral and I remember saying that he left a legacy of tenacity for others to follow. He was a preacher back in the day.

:wow: It's in the blood.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I wasn't insulted by what @bdizzle said at all.

I was once content with making $10/hr. But deep down, I knew it wasn't enough. I was always afraid of trying to achieve more because then you have a lot more to lose.

So fear kept me complacent. They don't want me losing sight of the fact that there is no limit to what I make financially and I respect how candid they are :yeshrug:

I'll celebrate now, they hit the books in a few months. It's all good brehs I feel the love :blessed:
I was you just two years ago breh. The sky is the limit. That thread helped me a hell of a lot.

Im currently in the middle of a job search right now, it feel good to get offers that most people would consider great and just be "nah:hmm:"

Another thing, im not sure where you are(I think you said philly) but if you're up to it you should look into relocating somewhere with a hot job market like a Houston, Dallas, ATL.

Also make sure you keep your Dice, LinkedIn, and Indeed profiles on point. Those are the main 3 but I also have mine up on Monster, Careerbuilder, Ziprecruiter, Sologig.

tumblr_manska7lUC1qzg08to1_500.gif

SN: Keep your mind off them hoes, been my biggest distraction this year :mjcry:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I was you just two years ago breh. The sky is the limit. That thread helped me a hell of a lot.

Im currently in the middle of a job search right now, it feel good to get offers that most people would consider great and just be "nah:hmm:"

Another thing, im not sure where you are(I think you said philly) but if you're up to it you should look into relocating somewhere with a hot job market like a Houston, Dallas, ATL.

Also make sure you keep your Dice, LinkedIn, and Indeed profiles on point. Those are the main 3 but I also have mine up on Monster, Careerbuilder, Ziprecruiter, Sologig.

tumblr_manska7lUC1qzg08to1_500.gif

SN: Keep your mind off them hoes, been my biggest distraction this year :mjcry:

I have no problems relocating man, I want to see new shyt already :ohlawd:

Won't be for a year or two though.

Thotlanta :ahh:

The day I turn down a job is going to be :banderas:

Thanks for the reminder about LinkedIn and Dice, I forgot about those sites.

I plan on diving back into that cert thread in a few months. I want to make sure I learn my current job well but I need to keep up the momentum :demonic:.