A sincere thank you to The Coli **Free Daps and Reps**

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Congrats breh. Happy to read your story and thanks for the shoutout. The hardest part is getting your foot in the door. From here it's really all up to you. Now it's time to work even harder.

After I get comfortable in this job(between six months and a year), I plan on figuring out what my endgame is. Strengths, weaknesses, etc.

The IT guy who left the company learned everything on the job. He doesn't have not one cert and was hired at a hospital as a sys engineer. I know he is making close to six figures and he was only where I was a year and a half ago :mindblown:.

I know God is tired of hearing me say thank you :wow:

Congrats breh. You've inspired me with this thread, respect.:wow:

That was my second agenda with this thread, I want really dudes to know that it's possible damnit :blessed:

No shade, I'm living proof :jawalrus:.

Perpetual Beast

Beast Mode Always On
Daps
Check the certs thread breh, we post receipts. There's a couple of us already sitting on 5 figures a month in take home pay :ahh:
You talk to me like that's impressive or something man lol

I got something for you next week for perspective ..daddy got receipts too :jawalrus:

I respect the hustle and drive don't get me wrong...but tellin young people they ain't shyt if they don't accomplish X by X date ain't the business

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Man, :feedme:

Tell me what I need :damn:

I wanna eaaaaaat :blessed:

I was looking at security+ but I was told not to bother with network+. Now there is this big push of cyber security stuff but it makes me go :patrice:

If you wanna get in security, get your security+ now then cissp whenever you qualify. Once you get your cissp you're pretty much guaranteed 100k minimum for the rest of your career. Make a plan, figure out where you wanna specialize, and bust your ass for a couple years. Before you know it you'll be turning down jobs paying $70/hr because you don't wanna add an extra 10 minutes to your commute :whew:

:whoa: I'm cool man, I'm cool. I figured I was being realistic, to me, any come up is a come up right now :ahh:

A+, Entry positions will be a help desk type job. Mine is like a help desk except I'm helping end users within the company itself.

Breh you're in one of the highest paid industries in the country right now. 70k isn't being realistic, it's under achieving. I hit 70k with just 4 years of experience (and I took a year off just to party and travel).

Like I say in the IT thread, if you really about your paper, 500k is very realistic. The hardest part was getting your first job, stay focused in y'all be swimming in pawgs before you know it :blessed:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You talk to me like that's impressive or something man lol

I got something for you next week for perspective ..daddy got receipts too :jawalrus:

I respect the hustle and drive don't get me wrong...but tellin young people they ain't shyt if they don't accomplish X by X date ain't the business

Breh, it's damn near impossible not to hit that number unless you're completely lazy. it's like someone graduating from an ivy league college then deciding to work at Starbucks for minimum wage. It's hustling backwards :damn:

And if you're bringing home 10k/month post receipts breh. Matter fact you shoulda been put nikkas on game if that's the case :manny:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Man, :feedme:

Tell me what I need :damn:

I wanna eaaaaaat :blessed:

I was looking at security+ but I was told not to bother with network+. Now there is this big push of cyber security stuff but it makes me go :patrice:

:whoa: I'm cool man, I'm cool. I figured I was being realistic, to me, any come up is a come up right now :ahh:

A+, Entry positions will be a help desk type job. Mine is like a help desk except I'm helping end users within the company itself.

Wearing regular clothes to work :wow:. If anyone asks, I'll tell you more in detail what I did. I recommend having a job in the meantime. :whoa:
I got a job and I go to community college. I only go to make my mama happy. idc bout university and I'm stuck doing the prerequisite (math, english). I want to break into IT and keep learning code. Damn wearing regular clothes at a good playing job is dream come true. This shyt is a waste time learning bullshyt bout graphing and literary analysis. shyt pm if no one ask breh

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I got a job and I go to community college. I only go to make my mama happy. idc bout university and I'm stuck doing the prerequisite (math, english). I want to break into IT and keep learning code. Damn wearing regular clothes at a good playing job is dream come true. This shyt is a waste time learning bullshyt bout graphing and literary analysis. shyt pm if no one ask breh

Go to higher learning and check programming or certs thread and ask questions. There's a wealth of knowledge in those threads and dudes will get you going in the right direction. Just realize it's hard work, but once you get your foot in the door you're set for life.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Go to higher learning and check programming or certs thread and ask questions. There's a wealth of knowledge in those threads and dudes will get you going in the right direction. Just realize it's hard work, but once you get your foot in the door you're set for life.
Aite gon ask

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

I didn't go to college because of that. I would have had to take three, yes three math classes before they would even let me in the beginner computer class. I said fukk that I'll find another way.

You will always start with the A+ :yeshrug:

Your resume is key because you need to get past those Automated Resume Scans. They look for keywords and if you don't have them, bushes. Not one human reads it.

I had to google search and I had about five tabs opened up as I was rewriting my resume. Making sure it looked like the examples they showed (with my own spin of course), adding in keywords etc.

There are some I.T. example resumes floating around to give you an idea. Mind you, my work history was :pachaha:. But I was able to use old jobs as experience because everything you do can translate into something else. Like problem solving. I was asked that question a lot in the interview, how would I solve this issue.

My advice is don't do a face heel turn like I did. I was in a bad place heading to an even worse place if I didn't get this job. Look before you leap :whoa:

I'm sitting next to a dude three years younger than me and he has a degree in computer forensics. :jawalrus:

Just listen to this guy :banderas:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I didn't go to college because of that. I would have had to take three, yes three math classes before they would even let me in the beginner computer class. I said fukk that I'll find another way.

You will always start with the A+ :yeshrug:

Your resume is key because you need to get past those Automated Resume Scans. They look for keywords and if you don't have them, bushes. Not one human reads it.

I had to google search and I had about five tabs opened up as I was rewriting my resume. Making sure it looked like the examples they showed (with my own spin of course), adding in keywords etc.

There are some I.T. example resumes floating around to give you an idea. Mind you, my work history was :pachaha:. But I was able to use old jobs as experience because everything you do can translate into something else. Like problem solving. I was asked that question a lot in the interview, how would I solve this issue.

My advice is don't do a face heel turn like I did. I was in a bad place heading to an even worse place if I didn't get this job. Look before you leap :whoa:

I'm sitting next to a dude three years younger than me and he has a degree in computer forensics. :jawalrus:

Just listen to this guy :banderas:
Exactly why I want to break in ASAP. Math is cool but too much damn work when I can break in on my own and sooner. I have no problem working hard.