A rising number of American men don't want to work

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
American men are opting out of the workforce at unforeseen rates.

For many, it's not an issue of not being able to find a job. They have simply opted out altogether. The Bureau of Labor Statistics found only 89 percent of working age men have a job or are actively looking for work. In 1950, that number was at 97 percent.

While the early 1950s saw around 96 percent of working age American men between the ages of 25 and 54 working full or part-time jobs, that proportion has now moved to just 86 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

And as fewer men financially support themselves, there are long-reaching economic and societal implications, experts say.

The U.S. has a major issue of prime-age men giving up and permanently exiting the labor force," Robin Brooks, a senior fellow policy research firm the Brookings Institution and the former chief economist at IIF, wrote on X, formerly Twitter this week.

Link to rest of the article: Rising number of men don't want to work

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
we eerily follow behind japan in their social ills (at a time lag) and obviously demographically and population size we differ so things will be different.

it seems hyberbolic to say, but I think most would agree that america is suffering from a cultural rot right now :francis:

if this thread devolves into an attack on gen z I'll edit in more details on my own limited anecdotal experiences

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
we eerily follow behind japan in their social ills (at a time lag) and obviously demographically and population size we differ so things will be different.

it seems hyberbolic to say, but I think most would agree that america is suffering from a cultural rot right now :francis:

if this thread devolves into an attack on gen z I'll edit in more details on my own limited anecdotal experiences

most men "work hard" for a family and family is something that is a thing of the past so they are like what's the point. Men tend to live on less than women so women have incentive to "grind" to splurge on themselves if they can't find a dude to trick on em, but for men if you got nothing to trick on then why stress

Daps
giphy.gif