A ring of fire solar eclipse will occur next week, the next won't occur until 2046

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I wish we was in the path of this. This seems like the actual cool eclipse and not the stupid shoebox eclipses we had when i was in school.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
@HarlemHottie

behold this blue orb
balor.jpg

@010101 deleted his post so I have no context. :jbhmm:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@010101 deleted his post so I have no context. :jbhmm:

why would Amalek attack Israel (the nation) after they smote a "rock" for water?

then play the game and remember the prince of egypt scene where the hebrews are moving statues :jbhmm: if amalek are "blood drinkers"...and the nile "became as blood" it means the hebrews that are enslaved are actually vampires? :dwillhuh:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Which part of the movie? I'd need to find a clip, never seen it.

the movie obviously is a modern rendition AND interpretation but it might not tell all sides of the story

its never implied why the hebrews were enslaved (in egyptian, Habiru just meant criminal)

furthermore, there is evidence of friendly relations between self-professed jews and egyptians from that time period outside of the bible

it just occurred to me that when Moses "turned the nile into blood" Amalek may be using that as justification for their behavior :jbhmm:

because most people nowadays would consider Moses "like a demiurge" of sorts despite what he says. Furthermore Paul in the New Testament said "the law was given to Moses by angels" whereas Moses never said that but rather the entirety of the 5 books were dictated to him by God himself

Galatians 3:19
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

angels in Old testament logic are "messengers" but in the hands of a perverse priest could also be "divinatory messages"

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
if amalek are "blood drinkers"...and the nile "became as blood" it means the hebrews that are enslaved are actually vampires? :dwillhuh:
*sorry bout that premature posting

Ok, so, I don't think the Amalekites were drinking human blood. Otoh, drinking cattle blood is apparently a practice of east African pastoralists and the Amalekites were west Asian pastoralists, so...

That said, you had to own cattle to have enough access to them to be drinking their blood with any regularity. The Hebrews, afaik, didn't own cattle during their enslavement, but after the Exodus, they were 'cattle rustling'. Remember, God accuses them of not killing the Amalekites "best" cattle.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
*sorry bout that premature posting

Ok, so, I don't think the Amalekites were drinking human blood. Otoh, drinking cattle blood is apparently a practice of east African pastoralists and the Amalekites were west Asian pastoralists, so...

That said, you had to own cattle to have enough access to them to be drinking their blood with any regularity. The Hebrews, afaik, didn't own cattle during their enslavement, but after the Exodus, they were 'cattle rustling'. Remember, God accuses them of not killing the Amalekites "best" cattle.
thats right and even today, certain cattle (red heifers) are said to absolve someone if offered up to a Kohen for certain sins

the section of the bible in question.

Also the cattle in egypt were apart of the priestly rituals...but here is something that I cant help but think about when it comes to cows is the first blessing of Jacob towards Reuben in light of Daedalus creating the artificial cow :wtf:
Genesis 35:22 says, "And it came to pass, while Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine; and Israel heard of it."[10] As a result of this adultery, he lost the respect of his father, who said: "Unstable as water, you shall excel no longer; For when you mounted your father’s bed, You brought disgrace—my couch he mounted!"[11]
assuming a couch would be made from the leather of an animal...is he saying that Reuben literally laid with his couch?

@Koichos
perhaps you can chime in?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Also the cattle in egypt were apart of the priestly rituals...but here is something that I cant help but think about when it comes to cows is the first blessing of Jacob towards Reuben in light of Daedalus creating the artificial cow :wtf:

"For when you mounted your father’s bed, You brought disgrace—my couch he mounted!""

assuming a couch would be made from the leather of an animal...is he saying that Reuben literally laid with his couch?

Both terms in red loosely translate to 'bed'. The first word used, miskab, come from a root that might mean 'lay down' or 'lay WITH', so theres a sexual implication and that seems to be common usage. The other, yasua, comes from root that means 'to spread out, to make a bed.'

Also, "mounted" here is an unusual choice by the translator. I'm seeing "went up."

So you could read that passage as, "For when you went up [to] the place your father LAYS WITH [his women], You brought disgrace- he got in my bed! :what: "

Yeah, I peeped that Daedalus thing and noted the 'coincidence'. :comeon: I have a special interest in the tauroctony. Will they try to recreate the ruddy cow with no blemish? :usure:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Both terms in red loosely translate to 'bed'. The first word used, miskab, come from a root that might mean 'lay down' or 'lay WITH', so theres a sexual implication and that seems to be common usage. The other, yasua, comes from root that means 'to spread out, to make a bed.'

Also, "mounted" here is an unusual choice by the translator. I'm seeing "went up."

So you could read that passage as, "For when you went up [to] the place your father LAYS WITH [his women], You brought disgrace- he got in my bed! :what: "

Yeah, I peeped that Daedalus thing and noted the 'coincidence'. :comeon: I have a special interest in the tauroctony. Will they try to recreate the ruddy cow with no blemish? :usure:
hear me out

its occurred to me that there is a degree of confusion and strangeness in the greek stories that I now read them with the thinking that the obvious meaning is the deception

so in their case, "broad light" or "all shining light" somehow inhabited a false cow? and a mythological creature laid with it? :skip:

but here is the kicker, when Jacob said all of that about his son, its truly supposed to be a blessing??!?! there is no sure translation of his name either that is agreed upon
Classical rabbinical sources argue that the birthright had included the right of his descendants (the tribe of Reuben) to become ruler over the tribes (transferred to Judah) and priests (transferred to Levi). However, some of these sources argue that Reuben had not actually had sexual activity with Bilhah, but instead had simply supported the cause of his mother Leah, by harming that of Bilhah, angering Jacob; in these sources, it is argued that after the death of Rachel (Jacob's favourite wife), Jacob sought to give the precedence to Bilhah, as he had formerly preferred her as his mistress, and Reuben removed Bilhah's bed from the place where Jacob wished to have it.

it doesnt help my mind that the reuben sandwich is so damn delicious :mjcry:
maxresdefault.jpg

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@HarlemHottie i know I'm not crazy :damn:

The name Leah: Summary​

Meaning
Wild Cow
Wearied
Leah became Jacob's first wife through a trick of her father Laban; it was really Rachel who Jacob was after. When Leah gives birth to her first son, she names him Reuben, after her idle hope that Jacob will subsequently fall in love with her. Her second son she names Simeon, after her conviction that the Lord has heard (that means understood or taken to heart) her affliction of being unloved. Her third son she names Levi, after the conviction that Jacob will now at least become attached to her. When her fourth son is born she seems to undergo an awakening, and she names him Judah, after her resolution to no longer aim her zeal at Jacob but at God.
giphy.gif