A Message to Trayvon Martin Sympathizers

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i dunno brehs. i kinda feel what he was saying. his heart was in the right place but it's gonna be interpreted wrong.

he's basically saying that we cant expect cacs to change anything so the best thing we can do is fix ourselves. issues with black fatherhood, drugs, hoodrats,rap, worldstar, etc. are legit issues! shyt that even black people don't like.

the only problem is that its a conversation we need to have amongst ourselves. all this article is gonna do is be used by racists to fuel their agenda.

im not gonna call him a c00n for saying some true shyt tho. because while SOME black people protest, A LOT of others dont do shyt but perpetuate negative stereotypes themselves then cry foul when a situation like this happens.

like i was telling my homegirl the other day, you're in a weird position when you're a successful black person because you want to tell the community to stop making excuses and settling for less. but if a white person said that you'd have to defend the community and let the white person know that the issues are systemic and discuss what factors LED to the sitaution we're in.​
They are two seperate unrelated problems that need to be addressed, trying to conflate the two is where he runs into problems.

Sure there is a lot the black community needs to do to better ourselves, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the racist legacy this country continues to put forward.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
We are definitely a long way off. And since the cop incident I don't have a beard anymore, haven't been pulled over nor looked at funny since. Amazing what a lack of facial hair does.
That's where I disagree with you on...why cut your beard?? If ignorant people fear you because of your facial hair...then that's their bag to carry. You can't go around assimilating just bc it makes people uncomfortable (which in turn I guess makes you uncomfortable??). That's the same logic as the people who say "Trayvon shouldn't have worn a hoodie", so what now I can't wear a hoodie just to make people comfortable?? The fact remains atleast for me is the one thing that scares them the most I cant shave off...the color of my skin.

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That's where I disagree with you on...why cut your beard?? If ignorant people fear you because of your facial hair...then that's their bag to carry. You can't go around assimilating just bc it makes people uncomfortable (which in turn I guess makes you uncomfortable??). That's the same logic as the people who say "Trayvon shouldn't have worn a hoodie", so what now I can't wear a hoodie just to make people comfortable?? The fact remains atleast for me is the one thing that scares them the most I cant shave off...the color of my skin.

Just to see if what I thought about people being ignorant as hell was true and it was. I'm letting it grow back. I didn't have a beard that was the length of like Bin Laden's or something. a full beard I kept trim. :manny: the world hasn't changed much I guess.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
This black media stereotype bullshyt again. I don't care if Trayvon was walking down the street sniffing coke with 2 hoes on collars while twerking. WTF does that have to do with him having the right to not be killed?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the title says it all brehs.

A Message to Trayvon Martin Sympathizers

wait a second... was trayvon a criminal that night? NO

So what was trayvon that night? an innocent citizen being profiled as a criminal.

If you didnt know trayvon's name and you had to describe who he was. you could describe him with two words if someone asked you who died that night?

you reply an "innocent citizen"

at the end of the day black folks, white folks, other folks. thats all he was. no more, no less.

So..when you come at me with a title that says "A Message to Trayvon Martin Sympathizers"

i think you're are out of your mind. because you are saying I'm a trayvon sympathizer. but you are not one of those people.
So in essence, you're not a sympathizer when an "innocent citizen is profiled and murdered."

and since we see thats the case in the title. then why should i read any further?

Lastly, if that kid was a little white boy or white girl. would you then feel like a becky or matt sympathizer? you probably would. and thats why there's nothing to talk about here.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Fact remains when we wasnt killing each other, they still killed us.

We just can't fix ourselves,

Exactly. Emmitt Till wasn't wearing a hoody and they killed him. It has nothing to do with what he was wearing or the current image of black folk. There is a long, consistent, violent history of the treatment of African people by the hands of European oppressors in this country.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
uncaptioned-tSdI5-50ef2c7916643.png

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
stopped reading that shyt by the 1st mention of Chicago, think I saw it on huffpost initially
smh @ people making it go viral

Daps
Wait...didn't it take like forever for media to start covering it? :beli:

This guy needs to sit his ass down.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
SO WHERE IS THE MESSAGE TO GEORGE ZIMMERMAN SYMPATHIZERS, BROTHER? IS THE AUTHOR WILLING TO TELL MIDDLE AGED WHITE PEOPLE THAT THIS DEATH WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF THEY WOULD STOP BEING RACIST, GUN OBSESSED, PARANOID REACTIONARIES, DUDE?

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
The article made some valid points. But even if Trayvon was a 4.0 student who had never been in trouble a day in his life and was the lead singer in the youth choir, it wouldn't have changed anything.

agreed, but that's precisely his point...

"I believe we lost that trial for Trayvon long before he was killed. Trayvon was doomed the moment ignorance became synonymous with young black America."