A Message to Trayvon Martin Sympathizers

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
If you noticed, the narratives and assumptions about trayvon that won out, have a genealogy in the antebellum south, and Jim Crow. Those in the pro-zimmerman crowd kept making a big deal about TM's "lean" use, and his "sexual texts"....the hyper-sexualized, drug-addled, young black buck roaming the streets, was the reason why so many anti-black laws were passed post emancipation. These racist notions predate the constitution, much less modern western society. Cant blame world star for our governing document initially describing us as "3/5ths" of a man.

"Be on the lookout for a highly suspicous, deranged, colored man, wandering the roads of rural Atlanta. The authorities say he is under heavy influence of marijuana or cocaine and citizens have reported he has already sexually assaulted a 16 year old girl."

Worked just as good in 1913 as it does in 2013...

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
A black child cant wear a hoody and be alil rebellious because they fear you from birth. You come out the womb under their suspicion. They can't see Trayvon was a child heading home, they see a black man heading home and in their mind that automatically makes you suspicious. Trayvon coulda been wearing a Brooks Brothers suit and it would not have changed the outcome.

And thats another thing...this "hoody" business. Here I was thinking a "hoody" was just a normal sweater, but anything a black male does has to be criminalized and turned into a pathology. This reached its absurd ends when Bill O'Reilly and Geraldo, who practically all but said Trayvon had it coming for wearing a "thug hoody", were caught wearing one ---- AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!

hoodies1-e1332768945639.jpg

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Somehow it always gets spun back to being black folks fault. Sad that some of us feed into that shyt.

Its always the black people trying to appear objective or ingratiate themselves. "Maybe if rap wasn't so violent and negative!" "Maybe if black fathers stayed with their families!" "Maybe if we didn't dress like thugs!" Then what, white people would love us?
photo06.jpg

Blame it on Jay-Z? :lupe:

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
If the police handled the situation like they were suppose to this case doesn't turn into what it became. The writer leads you to believe that the mainstream media blew this case up, that's not the case though...it was Facebook, the blogs, the forums, and believe it or not the WorldStars of the world. The mainstream media only got involved once the protest and the outrage started.

It's always funny to me to see white people's reaction when a child is killed (i.e: Sandyhook), but as soon as that child turns out to be black all sympathy gets tossed in the bushes :birdman:. It all boils down to 1 thing...the white man's fear of the black man. Clothes and slang don't make you guilty, it's their fear of you that makes you guilty in there eyes...I'll prove it to u.

One can easily take a look at this dude
tumblr_m8nwd68ahU1r3p9nio1_500.jpg

and assume that he's a devil worshiper, a loner, and another Columbine waiting to happen...but they don't get prejudged like that because they don't fear his white skin. They view it like "ohh he's young and rebellious, he'll grow out of it". See that's the thing white people are allowed to be young and rebellious and it's not held against them, they certainly aren't being stopped and detained . A black child cant wear a hoody and be alil rebellious because they fear you from birth. You come out the womb under their suspicion. They can't see Trayvon was a child heading home, they see a black man heading home and in their mind that automatically makes you suspicious. Trayvon coulda been wearing a Brooks Brothers suit and it would not have changed the outcome.

EDIT: As black people you learn to live under that suspicion, you know when you go into certain stores your gonna get followed, you know that the police are gonna profile you, it is what it is. What this jury just did was set a precedent that even a normal white civilian has the right to stop you and ask you your where abouts and you must comply! Because their aint no such thing as "stand your ground" for a black man.

Just another example of white privilege. I remember back in high school I was doing a spoken presentation about race and I offended two goth kids by saying the exact same thing you did regarding that dude with in pic. These freaks had no clue what white privilege was and had the nerve to tell me that Marilyn Manson gets harsher treatment that gangsta rappers.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
The article made some valid points. But even if Trayvon was a 4.0 student who had never been in trouble a day in his life and was the lead singer in the youth choir, it wouldn't have changed anything.
thats true and thats the problem

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If the police handled the situation like they were suppose to this case doesn't turn into what it became. The writer leads you to believe that the mainstream media blew this case up, that's not the case though...it was Facebook, the blogs, the forums, and believe it or not the WorldStars of the world. The mainstream media only got involved once the protest and the outrage started.

It's always funny to me to see white people's reaction when a child is killed (i.e: Sandyhook), but as soon as that child turns out to be black all sympathy gets tossed in the bushes :birdman:. It all boils down to 1 thing...the white man's fear of the black man. Clothes and slang don't make you guilty, it's their fear of you that makes you guilty in there eyes...I'll prove it to u.

One can easily take a look at this dude
tumblr_m8nwd68ahU1r3p9nio1_500.jpg

and assume that he's a devil worshiper, a loner, and another Columbine waiting to happen...but they don't get prejudged like that because they don't fear his white skin. They view it like "ohh he's young and rebellious, he'll grow out of it". See that's the thing white people are allowed to be young and rebellious and it's not held against them, they certainly aren't being stopped and detained . A black child cant wear a hoody and be alil rebellious because they fear you from birth. You come out the womb under their suspicion. They can't see Trayvon was a child heading home, they see a black man heading home and in their mind that automatically makes you suspicious. Trayvon coulda been wearing a Brooks Brothers suit and it would not have changed the outcome.

EDIT: As black people you learn to live under that suspicion, you know when you go into certain stores your gonna get followed, you know that the police are gonna profile you, it is what it is. What this jury just did was set a precedent that even a normal white civilian has the right to stop you and ask you your where abouts and you must comply! Because their aint no such thing as "stand your ground" for a black man.

People think I'm a terrorist because I'm brown and I have a beard :manny: Should I be mad that everytime I travel at the airport I'm always stopped by security for an "extra search"?
:manny: serious question. People always look at me funny anywhere I go too.

White people, asian people, black people, all look at me funny. People act like they never seen a buddhist brown person over 6 feet with tattoos.. What should I do?

I get awesome treatment from cops too. Last time I got pulled over they asked to search my car, if it helps the cop was black. Cause my car is lowered? Cause I look like I'm carrying c4? what gives?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Fact remains when we wasnt killing each other, they still killed us.

We just can't fix ourselves,

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Ban the OP. That article is being circulated by people who are trying to make people feel that Trayvon's murder was justified.

Anyone who posts that crap on my facebook gets scolded, then blocked.

I got some white armchair activist on my facebook trying to tell me "Why do you care so much about Trayvon when Arabs are being killed in the Middle East everyday?". I replied to him "Why would I care about a bunch of people in the Middle East that I can't relate to when people who look like me(some of whom are my friends/family) are being treated like crap daily in the Western world?"

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
i agree with some of that article and a lot of the responses. what can we actually do though that will make a lasting and substantial impact. what actions should we take individually and perhaps more importantly locally to prevent more of this?

the worst part about this imo is not the verdict, but that this is bound to happen again. i don't see the way we are viewed/portrayed as black people's fault but i do believe that we have the power to change things.

i will say that the most power lies within the youth of all races and we've got to take a more active role in our own education from day one. aside from that, we've got to get involved with the governement waaay beyond voting. this stuff is easier said than done but that's why i ask the question. what are we really going to do black america?

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
People think I'm a terrorist because I'm brown and I have a beard :manny: Should I be mad that everytime I travel at the airport I'm always stopped by security for an "extra search"?
:manny: serious question. People always look at me funny anywhere I go too.

White people, asian people, black people, all look at me funny. People act like they never seen a buddhist brown person over 6 feet with tattoos.. What should I do?

I get awesome treatment from cops too. Last time I got pulled over they asked to search my car, if it helps the cop was black. Cause my car is lowered? Cause I look like I'm carrying c4? what gives?
It's life in America breh, every race seems to have it's cross it carry...except white people.

White people have committed some of the most heinous crimes this country (shyt the world for that matter) has ever seen. The difference between every other race though and white people is that white people are treated as individuals!! White people are viewed by the content of their character not the color of their skin, that's what people like Dr. King fought for!! Not to drink at the same water fountain or eat at the same restaurants, these are small wins!! The end game is for everyone to be treated as individuals!! Sad to say but incidents like Trayvon's death and the treatment u claim to receive shows we are a long way off.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
i dunno brehs. i kinda feel what he was saying. his heart was in the right place but it's gonna be interpreted wrong.

he's basically saying that we cant expect cacs to change anything so the best thing we can do is fix ourselves. issues with black fatherhood, drugs, hoodrats,rap, worldstar, etc. are legit issues! shyt that even black people don't like.

the only problem is that its a conversation we need to have amongst ourselves. all this article is gonna do is be used by racists to fuel their agenda.

im not gonna call him a c00n for saying some true shyt tho. because while SOME black people protest, A LOT of others dont do shyt but perpetuate negative stereotypes themselves then cry foul when a situation like this happens.

like i was telling my homegirl the other day, you're in a weird position when you're a successful black person because you want to tell the community to stop making excuses and settling for less. but if a white person said that you'd have to defend the community and let the white person know that the issues are systemic and discuss what factors LED to the sitaution we're in.​

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
It's life in America breh, every race seems to have it's cross it carry...except white people.

White people have committed some of the most heinous crimes this country (shyt the world for that matter) has ever seen. The difference between every other race though and white people is that white people are treated as individuals!! White people are viewed by the content of their character not the color of their skin, that's what people like Dr. King fought for!! Not to drink at the same water fountain or eat at the same restaurants, these are small wins!! The end game is for everyone to be treated as individuals!! Sad to say but incidents like Trayvon's death and the treatment u claim to receive shows we are a long way off.

We are definitely a long way off. And since the cop incident I don't have a beard anymore, haven't been pulled over nor looked at funny since. Amazing what a lack of facial hair does.