A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
It's gonna be a battle for Carroll I think the Broncos are looking at him too if they can't resign DRC ..if they let TB hit FA it's looking like more and more our first couple picks are gonna be on the secondary .with Culliver coming off an ACL who knows how soon he'll regain his form ..but that nickel spot will be crucial hard to trust a rookie in that position

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I dont think los has been let go officially...and unless whitner is willing to take nearly twice less hes prolly cleveland-bound. Im actually more worried about SS now since the draft class is full of cbs but not many good SSs. might take another FS :manny:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
If we can't resign Whitner, I fully expect the Niners to trade up in the draft to get Either Ha-Ha Dixon or Calvin Pryor.

I think those 2 are starter ready. The Buccanon kid from Washington State is a big hitter like Whitner, but his coverage skills aren't that great, so I think he'd take time to develop.

I'm hoping we resign Whitner, though.

Daps
I actually think we shouldn't sign Whitner.

We got a gang of picks, i`d like to see us go with the youth movement there, he is a good player but he's going to get over-paid somewhere.

These Harbaalke free agency periods have been mostly calm, last year had some spark, I expect not much.

We know we gotta pay our own (Kaep, Aldon, Crabtree, Iupati) and we wont be able to pay all of them anyway.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I actually think we shouldn't sign Whitner.

We got a gang of picks, i`d like to see us go with the youth movement there, he is a good player but he's going to get over-paid somewhere.

These Harbaalke free agency periods have been mostly calm, last year had some spark, I expect not much.

We know we gotta pay our own (Kaep, Aldon, Crabtree, Iupati) and we wont be able to pay all of them anyway.

Depends on how much he wants. If a contender can give him a bunch of money, he'd be dumb not to go. But if he's going strictly for a paycheck to a sorry team, chances are he'll get cut sooner rather than later. Don't wanna be "too" young in the secondary either.

Daps
Depends on how much he wants. If a contender can give him a bunch of money, he'd be dumb not to go. But if he's going strictly for a paycheck to a sorry team, chances are he'll get cut sooner rather than later. Don't wanna be "too" young in the secondary either.

Hey we aint won shyt with em, wont miss em, is all i`m saying.

We gonna be so fukking broke post Kaepernick contract, i`m just ready to accept the fact we're gonna be losing starters in the coming years

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hey we aint won shyt with em, wont miss em, is all i`m saying.

We gonna be so fukking broke post Kaepernick contract, i`m just ready to accept the fact we're gonna be losing starters in the coming years

I don't think Kaep's deal will be that bad since the cap continues to rise. Even though I think 18 is too much, it could be worse.

Daps
I don't think Kaep's deal will be that bad since the cap continues to rise. Even though I think 18 is too much, it could be worse.

Yeah could be 20......

We been playing without the big money QB for every year under Harbaugh, you put 18m on the books and I just know we're losing out on some quality starters elsewhere on the team, at least vets.

That's why I say, fukk it, youth movement.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

I agree with this. If a contender throws a bunch of money and years at him, he might as well take it. Going to Browns for money, however, is an exercise in futility.
He obviously has a number that he feels he's worth and I'd never begrudge anybody for knowing their worth and sticking to their guns.
However, I think if he can work out a deal with the 49ERS, that would be beneficial for everybody. He'd basically be playing for a Superbowl berth every year, and the Niners would be set at Safety for the foreseeable future. That's not to say they shouldn't draft one this year to groom, but I don't think there are any safeties that are starter ready outside of Dixon and Pryor.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im happy dawson resigned, whitner got 28 mil. i cant hate it when a guy getting close to 30 gets his money, good luck to him

but the niners cant spend that much on a safety

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I would be lying if I said I knew much about Bethea. So what's the word breh? :patrice:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would be lying if I said I knew much about Bethea. So what's the word breh? :patrice:

4yr 26 million :patrice:

Found this on him

The 8-year veteran (all with the Colts) has also topped 100 tackles in each of the last four seasons and in 5 of the last 6 years. In 2013 he recorded 110 tackles, 1 sack, 6 pass deflections, and 2 interceptions. Statistically, it looks like another great year from Bethea, but in actuality he wasn't great. He wasn't nearly as bad as Landry was, but for the second season in a row Bethea was not that good.

Toward the end of this season, however, Bethea really started to emerge and played very well, but overall it was a disappointing season for the free agent to be. One of the biggest questions the Colts face this offseason is whether they will re-sign Bethea. He wants to come back to Indianapolis, but at what price? That is the real question, as I'm sure the Colts would welcome back the team leader and veteran presence who never misses a game and is always good for 100+ tackles - it just depends on how much money he wants. And he is no longer a guy that you absolutely must re-sign no matter what, as he has had two average to below average seasons in a row.

Oh yeah fwiw PFF ranked him as the 56 best Safety last season. I bet they still draft a safety

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I dont like bethea. shytty coverage

peace to donte, its been real

dawson says hes re-signing with us