A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
is he any more raw as a prospect than johnson?
let me put it this way, theres very limited amount of tape on johnson online.
but from what I saw, Id say yes, hes more developed than mcgill.

all imo of course, but I really didnt like what I saw from mcgill. he had a lot of missed tackles for someone who supposedly can get moved to safety, like bad missed tackles.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
to finish off, Id give this draft a solid B (and if you know me, Im a hard grader, so thats a pretty damn good grade from me lol)

Id up it to B+ if we include Stevie trade.

main problem I saw was that we didnt really get DBs who can start immediately at high level, in what I thought was a great CB class...with tons of picks lots of which wont make the team. I also didnt like trading down in 2nd only to get a meh (imo) RB

the good parts...I LOVE both oline picks, love them for value and martin seems like he can be a franchise center. I like ward as a high-ceiling player in this sytem who can develop into SS of the future or a great corner. and we got a proven playmaker WR in stevie who can contribute right now without grooming him for 3 years (most receivers take time)

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been MIA the last few days. How did we do? I saw the Johnson trade and that's about it.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
LJ McCray S Catawba
:dead:

what the fukk is a catawba brehs ? we signing division II random ass bumblefukk ohio dudes ?

baalke and his scouts gotta be either the most diligent motherfukkers out there or they just trolling and throwing darts at names :heh:

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
to finish off, Id give this draft a solid B (and if you know me, Im a hard grader, so thats a pretty damn good grade from me lol)

Id up it to B+ if we include Stevie trade.

main problem I saw was that we didnt really get DBs who can start immediately at high level, in what I thought was a great CB class...with tons of picks lots of which wont make the team. I also didnt like trading down in 2nd only to get a meh (imo) RB

the good parts...I LOVE both oline picks, love them for value and martin seems like he can be a franchise center. I like ward as a high-ceiling player in this sytem who can develop into SS of the future or a great corner. and we got a proven playmaker WR in stevie who can contribute right now without grooming him for 3 years (most receivers take time)
I give it a A-

IMO kid is a bruiser look at the runs off the read option and dude has a nose for the end zone he was a steal to me that late. 6ft 236 with good hands nobody wanna tackle that all game :ehh:

I didn't think this was a great CB class to me not a lot of guys who are gonna come and start outside from day one IMO. I do think this was a deep WR class but most of our needs I feel we addressed we got a lot of quality later on in the 3rd round and later then I thought we would.

When they start practicing Im gonna head out to santa clara and see whats going on Im actually more excited now after the draft finally we can focus on football and let the heat from this offseason die down.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
would've liked if Baalke worked more of those extra pics to move up, but the Hyde and Ellington pics were :leon:

Still think we could've done better on getting a starter DB like @yseJ said. We have the extra pics to do so.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I give it a A-

IMO kid is a bruiser look at the runs off the read option and dude has a nose for the end zone he was a steal to me that late. 6ft 236 with good hands nobody wanna tackle that all game :ehh:

I didn't think this was a great CB class to me not a lot of guys who are gonna come and start outside from day one IMO. I do think this was a deep WR class but most of our needs I feel we addressed we got a lot of quality later on in the 3rd round and later then I thought we would.

When they start practicing Im gonna head out to santa clara and see whats going on Im actually more excited now after the draft finally we can focus on football and let the heat from this offseason die down.

Carlos Hyde is a beast out there. His game should translate well into the NFL. I've watched him ball out the past few yrs at Ohio state

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
rumors are

raiders offered him a contract

he should of signed with them, realistically theres no room for him
eh moody might be a goner. I think both borland and skov could be better run-stoppers.

Daps
So the talkings heads basically saying we hit a homerun in the draft.

I like what we did a lot this weekend, imagine Hyde and Lattimore beast out.

Then ya got Vernon. Boldin, Crabs, Stevie. Brandon Lloyd,.

Really think this squad might be able to finally get the job done