A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Brandon Thomas, it's officially a wrap for Iupati, all reward, little to no risk, he's gonna join our training staff and get better.

It's clear that the front office thinks we are ok going forward at CB but also keep in mind we draft very good corners in the 5-7th round, we had Cooper in the 7th round last year and let him go and he'll be a starter in KC :snoop:

If we can snag Keith McGill I'm cool with what ever we do draft wise.

Last edited:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
yep they took brandon thomas, we basically love 1)versatile guys 2)injured guys

Im starting to sense that Iupati is a goner

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NFL network said we're basically looking to redshirt guys at this point a la Lattimore 2013

Interesting If thats the case they'll probably pick up Aaron Colvin outta OU. I don't have a problem with this philosphy, but it does make me a little nervous.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Not gonna panic or anything silly like that but I don't trust the faith they are putting on the corners we have right now. I think we are decent in that department but there isn't much ceiling with what we have imo. Hopefully we find a surprise in the later rounds tomorrow, who knows :manny:

I do like that we've done a pretty god job to cover key positions for the future. Last offseason was the DLine, this year it's been RB, OL and WR :obama:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yep they took brandon thomas, we basically love 1)versatile guys 2)injured guys

Im starting to sense that Iupati is a goner

iupati was a goner when he demanded to be the highest paid guard in the league

then again, niners could fuk him over and just franchise him

:russ:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Not gonna panic or anything silly like that but I don't trust the faith they are putting on the corners we have right now. I think we are decent in that department but there isn't much ceiling with what we have imo. Hopefully we find a surprise in the later rounds tomorrow, who knows :manny:

I do like that we've done a pretty god job to cover key positions for the future. Last offseason was the DLine, this year it's been RB, OL and WR :obama:
the main thing is we have mad leverage against both crabs and iupati in negotiation talks. still Id like at least one decent corner chosen ASAP

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
the main thing is we have mad leverage against both crabs and iupati in negotiation talks. still Id like at least one decent corner chosen ASAP

Iupati? Nah, dude is gone unless we franchise him. He'll get the money he wants from somebody.

Crabs gonna be interesting though.