A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
- McGee looked great
- Ingram was impressive
- Kuzma was bad when he was dribbling and chucking, his best play was when he was playing off ball
- Lance, Kuzma, Rondo, and Beasley is just too much. Luke will have to bench one, as soon as Beasley went out they looked better. This is not a slam at Beasley, it's just too many iso guys.
- The 3 point shooting was just:hhh:
- We desperately need a 2nd big, Zubac is not the man, neither is Kuzma as a backup 5. I would hope Lakers can pick someone up soon and have someone. Jokic killed us easily and so will other bigs.
- KCP looked horrible and had no idea what his role was. He just looked uncomfortable out there. Hopefully it was just one bad game.
- Defense just flat out sucked. Lebron is old, he coast back in transition, so does Rondo. McGee, Rondo, and Lebron together will be horrible defensively. I did like Rondo and Lebrons chemistry on offense though.

The first priority should be getting another big, and if the bench doesn't work out, trading some of them so we can clean up the bench. Guys like Hart move around and play within the team but what we have now is bunch of iso dudes.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
- McGee looked great
- Ingram was impressive
- Kuzma was bad when he was dribbling and chucking, his best play was when he was playing off ball
- Lance, Kuzma, Rondo, and Beasley is just too much. Luke will have to bench one, as soon as Beasley went out they looked better. This is not a slam at Beasley, it's just too many iso guys.
- The 3 point shooting was just:hhh:
- We desperately need a 2nd big, Zubac is not the man, neither is Kuzma as a backup 5. I would hope Lakers can pick someone up soon and have someone. Jokic killed us easily and so will other bigs.
- KCP looked horrible and had no idea what his role was. He just looked uncomfortable out there. Hopefully it was just one bad game.
- Defense just flat out sucked. Lebron is old, he coast back in transition, so does Rondo. McGee, Rondo, and Lebron together will be horrible defensively. I did like Rondo and Lebrons chemistry on offense though.

The first priority should be getting another big, and if the bench doesn't work out, trading some of them so we can clean up the bench. Guys like Hart move around and play within the team but what we have now is bunch of iso dudes.
Kuzma shouldn't be dribbling, in both the short and long term he fits in WAY better as an off-ball guy on this team.

Beasley has to go, and that should have been obvious from the beginning. Of all the acquisitions he's the one who makes the least sense. The only role I see for him is instant offense off the bench if a couple guys get injured, just so the other team's defense can't relax. But without injuries he shouldn't have playing time at all.

KCP has the skill set to be a good fit, but he has to show out. This is really an audition year for him I think.

LeBron and Rondo are probably going to coast defensively all season, they know they can't play hard both ends for 100 games. They'll be fine in the playoffs.

Zubac was sick a few days ago and still has never really gotten minutes. I think they need to give him half a season of real burn to figure out whether he can be anything going forward. I think Moe deserves some burn at the 5 too - he's not gonna be very good there at defense right away, but he's not going to improve by avoiding the issue. Have him watch Gasol tapes forever and begin treating defense from an intellectual perspective to make up for his athletic limitations. And spend a ton of time in the weight room.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Not sure positionless is the best option for y'all... Squad was much better when it had a PG running plays... I expect lonzo to make this team whole as rondo runs the second squad.

camer999

All Star
Daps
Lance is looking really nice.
I'd love a rondo-SVI-lance-KUZ-(Put center here) bench line up. (I want hart in the starting Five and would give SVI a chance before decided where KCP fits.)

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kuzma shouldn't be dribbling, in both the short and long term he fits in WAY better as an off-ball guy on this team.

Beasley has to go, and that should have been obvious from the beginning. Of all the acquisitions he's the one who makes the least sense. The only role I see for him is instant offense off the bench if a couple guys get injured, just so the other team's defense can't relax. But without injuries he shouldn't have playing time at all.

KCP has the skill set to be a good fit, but he has to show out. This is really an audition year for him I think.

LeBron and Rondo are probably going to coast defensively all season, they know they can't play hard both ends for 100 games. They'll be fine in the playoffs.

Zubac was sick a few days ago and still has never really gotten minutes. I think they need to give him half a season of real burn to figure out whether he can be anything going forward. I think Moe deserves some burn at the 5 too - he's not gonna be very good there at defense right away, but he's not going to improve by avoiding the issue. Have him watch Gasol tapes forever and begin treating defense from an intellectual perspective to make up for his athletic limitations. And spend a ton of time in the weight room.
Majority of kuzma’s value is from iso’s though, he’s never been an off-ball guy/ shooter

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Takeaways:

Lance was what I expected, next to Rondo I thought this was a very nice signing and hopefully he continues to show it. McGee is active and will get plenty of lob opportunities. Also liked that he showed some ability to get shots off too. Beasley can be a contributor but these rotations need to be worked on.

Svi clearly had rookie jitters and got frozen out by the other players. I think he’ll find his place as things smooth out but Luke has to be careful not to bury this kid on the bench cuz his three could be a big help. We really need KCP to take one for the team and let Hart start.

Zu needs time but this is also a make or break year. He’s never had a greater opportunity than now to get significant playing time. Hoping he rounds into shape after all the positive buzz this summer.

Rondo was everything I thought, we gon love this signing. Meanwhile, Kuzma gotta figure out what works best for him in this offense cuz if he keeps jacking he gon go back to being Clarkson 2.0 real quick.

Ingram is ready, I think he averages in the low 20s and becomes one of our defensive stoppers. The attention demanded to LeBron is going to help Ingram tremendously. This team definitely needs Lonzo back so we can keep a PG on the floor and Ingram can focus on scoring.

All in all, I think this team has a huge ceiling but we really do need to address the big man situation. For all this talk about fast pace and running, we’ve seen enough playoff runs to know that half court offense will be important when the game slows down. This is where I think Maglinka might regret passing on Boogie. Unless Bynum is even 60% of what he was I don’t see much out there that could help us now.