A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Karume

All Star
Daps
they have been, idk what else you want Zo was 3-3 from 3, Kuzma 7-11 with 18 pts, BI was heating up in the 4th before foul trouble.Why doesn't Bron just do better in the 4th?
All the players can do better, that's a given. But to only focus on lebron seems against the notion of letting the younglings develop.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
All the players can do better, that's a given. But to only focus on lebron seems against the notion of letting the younglings develop.
The focus is on Lebron because in multiple one possession games this season he has held the ball for the entire shot clock doing nothing with it which then forces him or whatever Laker he dumps it off to into taking a bad shot. Also seems like he's had at least one bad turnover in at least half the games late too where he dribbles off his foot or just loses the handle. He's got to stop wasting possessions like that. Like I said during the game, I want the ball in his hand but not this shyt where he dribbles out on the perimeter chewing up clock and then taking a bad shot. What he was doing early in the game was perfect. Where he backed down a Mav in the post or forced the Mavs to run a double which was creating openings for good shots. I think in the end it comes down to trust.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why the fukk is LeBron's closing ability being questioned :why: :dead:

nikkas want Lonzo to be great so bad.

Based on what? Two weeks or a decade worth of evidence? :usure:

He literally said to make Lonzo the closer. :mindblown:

No way those are Laker fans. They're just Kobestans whose brains have become diseased with hate. :heh:

same.

god forbid he gets hurt, we're even more fukked than we are now

At this point if McGee goes out they'd basically be better off forgetting about wins/losses and just playing practice games for the rest of the season. :huhldup:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The focus is on Lebron because in multiple one possession games this season he has held the ball for the entire shot clock doing nothing with it which then forces him or whatever Laker he dumps it off to into taking a bad shot. Also seems like he's had at least one bad turnover in at least half the games late too where he dribbles off his foot or just loses the handle. He's got to stop wasting possessions like that. Like I said during the game, I want the ball in his hand but not this shyt where he dribbles out on the perimeter chewing up clock and then taking a bad shot. What he was doing early in the game was perfect. Where he backed down a Mav in the post or forced the Mavs to run a double which was creating openings for good shots. I think in the end it comes down to trust.

Regardless of what it "seems", by NBA stats last night was literally the first time that LeBron had a turnover in clutch time all season. Against 20 points and 6 assists.

He is holding the ball too long and not making the right play some of the time, but that goes to being less than 10 games in with a new team and new coach and the lineups keep changing. It will take time for the team to gel and make good plays together.

edit: clutch stats so far this year (last 5 minutes game within 5), obviously minuscule sample size but that's why the whole argument is dumb

Lebron 7-16 shooting, 5-8 from line, 20 points, 6 assists, 1 turnover
Kuzma 5-7 shooting, 1-2 from line, 11 points, 0 assists, 1 turnover
Hart 2-8 shooting, 4-5 from line, 9 points, 0 assists, 0 turnovers
Lonzo 2-3 shooting, 0-0 from line, 6 points, 2 assists, 0 turnovers
Williams 2-2 shooting, 0-0 from line, 4 points, 0 assists, 0 turnovers
Lance 1-3 shooting, 1-2 from line, 3 points, 2 assists, 0 turnovers
Ingram 0-1 shooting, 1-2 from line 1 point, 0 assists, 1 turnover

worth noting that nearly all of Kuzma's shots were layins/dunks off of passes.

Last edited: