A.I uncovering huge amounts of scientific fraud which has direct effects on how Doctors prescribe treatments to patients

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Don't believe in those research papers you find in medical journals because a lot of it is fraud. It's also not just medical research. When I find the site that keeps track of all the research they find out is fraudulent damn near on a daily basis I'll post it.

A lot of these papers are written by people who just go there PHDs in whatever field they are in and just want to say they have published papers. They quote studies that never were conducted making up whatever data to push a narrative. This is very bad and should be a bigger story but so many people that are respected in there fields are going to be exposed. A lot of people are also going to be exposed for plagiarism since it's much easier to catch now and a lot of those papers were written when the Internet either didn't exist or was new and they had no clue how critical of a tool it would be in the future.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
some unis (not mentioning names) want all post grads to publish papers to (presumably) get the number of papers published up.

irrespective of value.

so students get used to churning out mindless papers using cut&paste, google scholar and connective babble.

the pressure is on.

it helps with funding and league tables which both help with finances.

it's ridiculous :hubie:

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I'm in the scientific community.

Covid exposed a lot of shyt you guys are unaware of.

The appeal to authority fallacy was GLARING.

giphy.gif

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
This is what AI should be used for.

But it won't.
I think it will. I mean they keep saying AI is about to take all these jobs and kill all this stuff, it’s only right that it blows through medicine too. If they can stop it from killing the medical profession, they can stop it from killing other professions. If anybody is successful in keeping AI from doing damage to the medical field then that’s when we need to really start asking questions.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Not surprising. This is a direct result of our current education system. It used to be the people that pursued higher education did so because it was their passion. They analyzed and tested for years to come up with their eventual discoveries. They didn’t do so to pass a class and earn a certificate….i mean degree.

So then what happens when you promote to the entire word they have to take this route to then be able to make a living. They get 3, 5+ years into this and sunk cost starts sinking in and they’re in too deep. They’ll do and say whatever to just make it to the finish line. Problem is there shouldnt have been a race to begin with.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Not surprising. This is a direct result of our current education system. It used to be the people that pursued higher education did so because it was their passion. They analyzed and tested for years to come up with their eventual discoveries. They didn’t do so to pass a class and earn a certificate….i mean degree.

So then what happens when you promote to the entire word they have to take this route to then be able to make a living. They get 3, 5+ years into this and sunk cost starts sinking in and they’re in too deep. They’ll do and say whatever to just make it to the finish line. Problem is there shouldnt have been a race to begin with.
Capitalism seems to be an issue